Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DK machines and innovatons and clarification

Hello everyone!
    It's been a long time since I have been on here.. Been super busy!

Anyways, I have heard from one member on here that there may be a little frustration about me switching things up too much.
    I appologize if you are annoyed by that, but please respect that I am an inventor and innovator.
    My #1 goal is making the best possible machine I can.

I keep hundreds of spare parts for my older model machines on hand, so I can do any repairs needed.
    If for some reason I don 't have it, I am able to make every part of any machine I have made. I have a complete machine shop!
    -That may explain the recent revisions... I enjoy experimenting with new concepts, and now have the tooling and machinery to materialize it better than before.

MC2 vs MC-13
    I moved to the MC2 from the MC-13 because I was having issues with the adjustable stroke flywheel I was using.
    there were too many moving parts and too many ways something could be wrong.
    Out of frustration, I had a revelation of a super condensed flywheel that would shorten the machine dramatically, and got super stoked on it.

For those who miss the adjustable stroke, STAY TUNED! I have a new style adjustable stroke flywheel in the works that will have a 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 5mm stroke settings, and much more simple to change on the fly.
    I plan on having that towards the end of the year.
    It will be the MC-14

I recently discovered a new setup where it still has a bit of dampening, but snappier, and more precise for lining and shading/coloring... especially when using t-techs.

DK DIRECT
    I recently changed up my direct drive with a new flywheel.
    again, less problematic. I found people were having issues with the older model bogging down, caused from the rubber nipple rubbing on the face of the flywheel.
    The new model uses a bearing for the actual nipple, similar to Jondix or Uncle Roy's, but different.
    the bearing isn't press fitted on. it can easily be swapped, and is a common bearing that can be procured at any bearing supply or industrial supply store.
    It comes with a taper pin for spreading the needlebar eye loop, but you can also use a #4 taper gage pin that piercers use.
    It hits harder, and comes with a 3.7mm throw, which is as large as I found I could go before it gets too squirrely.
    I also lengthened the arm as the older model sat too high for those using shorter tubes.
    There is also less drag, so with the same motor, it runs a volt lower to achieve the same speed.

Maxon Version
    I will soon have my Maxon version out, and really exited about it.
    The motor I am currently using is good, but for someone wanting the best, this is it.
    I have done extensive research, and have a custom made Maxon motor that is as good as it can get for my machines.
    It runs at the same volt/rpm ratio as my current motor, but can be ran at up to 9 volts without damaging the motor. (average volts I tattoo at is 6-7)
    It also has a ball bearing motor shaft support and a more robust brush material that both will add years more motor life.
    there is a bit more torque, and can handle the t-tech and Cheyenne cartridges with ease.

Building quality machines that make our tattooing experience better is my life passion.
    I am not deliberately trying to switch stuff up on everyone. It is more that I keep finding little glitches and I listen to people's feedback, and make changes accordingly.

AGAIN, I continue to carry spare parts for all of my models, so you can be at ease that I will be able to repair any older model you have!

Thank you for taking time to read this, and your continued support!

Post Thanks / Like
    All i can say.... Thanks for the best lining machines i own....and keep up the good work

much respect

3. Like Dan Kubin liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    second that ^

Post Thanks / Like
    My mini cranker, my Workhorse, my best liner....and trust me i have quite few machines

Post Thanks / Like
    Now here is a great man ! Always a pleasure to deal with

The mc2 is a amazing machine and is the smoothest machine i own PERIOD. No machine is as consistant as my mini crankers, i think slide machines rub against the walls so the motor dont run as free as the crankers do (IMHO). Only friction is the link on the bar which is as little as it can get with a rotary and it has bearings holding the end of the bar so i think this is why its the smoothest machine i have ever owned.

You can not beat these so if you have not tried one your missing out and i will say you def need to give them a shot , run them on a few tattoos and you will love them for everything. When you buy one run it and hold it next to your ear and listen, it is sooooo smooth and consistant its crazy. When i do this with other rotarys i always hear "skips", slight speed change, little "rattling" or whatever.. Every time i compare a cranker to any other by running them straight for about 30 seconds( *while holding it close to my ear* ) the mini cranker ALWAYS wins every time. I need that, maybe its cause i always needed my coils to run super smooth and consistant so i def need this from rotarys.

These machines along with Dans amazing customer service its simply a unbeatable combination. He truly cares about his customers, always responds super fast and never gets annoyed when i hound him with a million questions lol. All i can say is buy one and you will see how smooth these babys are, no bullshit they are the most consistant machines i have ever had and i had them all just about. Also a very quiet machine, allot quieter then most rotarys out there. If you want throw a small o-ring around the link holding the bar so it sits on the top of the bar behind the link then over the nipple to under the bar and rests on the front of the link, it def makes it even quieter. The only time i sell one is when i really need cash or i just want to try another , however i do always end up going back to the cranker. I guess this can be considered as my review lol........... This is my newest baby i just got , now isn't she just precious lol

4444888888888888kubin.jpg

Senior Member Caleb's Addiction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome machines! Love them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is Dan as a builder if you don't keep going forward, you'll go backwards, it's a constant improvement -just like an artist tattooing and drawing everybody needs to keep evolving or get left behind !!! It's no different to me looking back at work I did 6 months ago and saying " what was I thinking " - keep pushing yourself and striving to be better - that's human nature.

Keep up the great work, I for one will keep buying your new stuff anyway even if its one a month

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    DK is a top man who has helped everyone who has indulged his machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to no t be a believer.... Then I got the MC2. WHOOA BUDDY I have to say it is now my favorite machine. I use it for color packing and shading, and it blows my mind how effortless it is to use. Keep up the good work Dan.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have at least one of all the models and have to say I love all of them. I will be getting more

Always a pleasure to deal with you, DK.