Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
Agreed on the Nicks DD, His machines, especially his direct drives do not get the recognition they deserve!

As for a top 5, I was on a rotary binge and then I realized they all lay ink about the same(for me), just with a minor change of technique. When I say they all tattoo about the same, I'm referring to high end rotaries with at least a 3.5mm stroke. Not to take anything away from the builders of the machines they are all great and well made! However, that being said they are all really similar in my opinion the rest is just how the machine feels in your hand and at times how it feels on the eyes LOL! The big difference to me isn't in the different machines, but simply the size of the stroke, and my preference for the quietest as possible.

That being said:
Lining- Rotary Works 3-9's & Nicks pivot 4.5mm for anything bigger
**Nicks DD and Pivot arms are the Quietest machines I have used or heard in person
B and G Shading: Changes all the time was on Nicks DD but now using RW springers!
Color packing: any with minimal give and over a 4mm stroke..

I have yet to get a machine that has been thoroughly reviewed on this Site and has been a dispointment. For that, A big thank you to the ROTARY FORUM creators and members!
*** Update on this, I got a mini cranker and I have to say it is a beast.... I have never lined as fast with any other rotary,