Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 rotarys

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 rotarys

Ok people everyone must have there favourites and a brief reason why would be nice to get everyones insight in to there top 5 and why... I will start with mine..

1)spektra halo, 3.6mm stroke, colour and shading beast. Use it every day!
    2)neotat vivace, 3.5mm stroke best colour saturation machine in the world. Used it daily for a year been using my halos recently thoe so this hasnt been used but i will be used again!
    3)dank kubin cranker 4mm the closest to a coil liner in my opinion...
    4) rotaryworks aluminium 3.5mm the brass. Are too heavy, the alu is just right best £ pound for pound rotary in the world for the money.. Lines great but slower than cranker.
    5) swashdrive whip, miss mine loads had to sell it, lines awesome shades awesome colours awesome! But need the hard clip imo soft clip is wank lol...

So there the 5 i would buy and buy again.. All of these have been a daily driver at some point in the last 2 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    1 : Vivace 4.2 my liner for powerlines and an insane color/black packer. No noise, vibration or heat. I could do a top 4 with vivace only (i.e. strokes )

2 : Sunskin Primus, got it for 3 days only but this machine is so fantastic to work with on soft greys and blending colors. Just love it.

3 : Spektra Halo. Not on second position cause I dont own one ! Tryed and love it almost as much as my vivace. Gotta get rich soon to buy a pair of them !

4 : Stigma beast : nice no give machine working nice for rverything but lining ( too much vibrations ).

5 : Dragonfly, good overall machine, yet too much " à la mode" for me.

This is my top 5. And thanks again to have built so many cool machines to work with guys !

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    1)LOD ok so I know it's not a rotary... But this machine is a true all around machine. It can be any machine you want.. Lines packs shades! All with a simple touch of some sliders on your iPad.
    2)stylus between the soft and hard machines you can do it all. A bit of a learning curve but once you find it's sweet spot such an amazing machine.
    3)inkjecta flite v2.1 so I'd hoped this machine would do it all.... Turns of it will but you need 2 or 3 of them. All set up a little different. 4mm stroke soft bar and 3.5 With the rigid bar is where I'm at with my 2 flites.
    4)thunder this machine excels at lining and color packing... But it can do blending and black and grey if you give it enough time to learn to do it with such a heavy hitting machine.
    5)inkjecta combo v3 with the 3.8mm optional stroke if you like to fuss around with give knobs and whatnots this machine is really nice all a rounder. But it's defiantly noisy. So if you're used to silent rotaries this is a hard one to get used too.

Post Thanks / Like
    in no particular order.....

1. Dan Kubin MC2
    2. Halo 4.2
    3. Neotat 4.2 and 3.5
    4. Nicks
    5. HM Machines
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    in no particular order.....

1. Dan Kubin MC2
    2. Halo 4.2
    3. Neotat 4.2 and 3.5
    4. Nicks
    5. HM Machines
    ooh the halo 4.2 and hm machines intregiue me wonderland.. What do you use the halo 4.2 for and what hm machines? Have you used the la nina liner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Going by what I reach for the most, I'd have to say;
    1) inkjecta Flite V2.
    2) Stylus (toss-up between S and H)
    3) Dan Kubin Mini-Cranker
    4) Cheyenne (toss-up between spirit and thunder)
    5) Centri (yes, Centri. Totally underrated machine, IMHO)
    Honorable mention must go to my Nick's DDO and my new Ego machines.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro12 View Post
    Going by what I reach for the most, I'd have to say;
    1) inkjecta Flite V2.
    2) Stylus (toss-up between S and H)
    3) Dan Kubin Mini-Cranker
    4) Cheyenne (toss-up between spirit and thunder)
    5) Centri (yes, Centri. Totally underrated machine, IMHO)
    Honorable mention must go to my Nick's DDO and my new Ego machines.
    Wanna try the new version of the egos.. Heard he made a few improvements.. If only he'd do a metal version I'd snag one.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    No such thing as halo 4.2 its 4mm and last time i measured i think it was like 3..9 almost

1.Stylus H
    2.Hawk thunder
    3.MC2
    4.Spektra
    5.Stealth
    Last edited by joelhague; 08-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah seems to be alot of difference in opinion in halo strokes some stockists list 2.5 some 2.6 some list 3.5 and theres a 3.6 either or.. Theres a 2.5 3.2 3.6 and 4.0 but near as will do

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between Kubins and Halos I can't remember the last time I didn't use either but...

Kubin MC Liner 4.0 closest to a coil liner ever - consistent and reliable it will do what I need always between 4.2-5 v - I have two
    Kubin MC2 colour 3.5 smooth colour runs real slow and packs just like I like or peppers - one word answer - consistent, blends like a dream
    Kubin DD packer 3.5 will do blackest blacks and solid color
    Halo 3.5 Smooth Colour and B and G smooth consistent and always does what its told, blends as good as any of my coils every time
    Fly v2 - by black and grey go to