Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotary works spring rotary first impressions!

I got the brass springer in the mail from Dale today and luckily I had a couple tattoos to try it out on. So I'll go ahead and give my first impression of the machine. Obviously, I will definitely have to get some more time with it before I can give it a full review but so far here's my experience with it.

The first tattoo I did was small letters on a foot. I set up a seven round and put the hard spring in. I turned the give knob all the way hard for no give. It was a quick and easy tattoo and the machine worked well. I want to log more outlining time before I can say much more

the second tattoo I did was this flower I used RW with a 15 bugpin mag with the give dialed back a turn and a half from the hardest setting. I did all the color this way and right out the gate I gotta say... Fucking WOW! This machine preformed brilliantly for color! It was nice and smooth and blended well. I usually do my color work with a stigma hyper v3 and the rotary works was right on par with it.

Im very excited to continue to put it to the test

the one thing that I will say which isn't a negative thing but a subjective thing is that after using a hyper, an ego, and a gen 8 the brass frame on the RW feels like a ton. Sure ill get used to it. I'm sure this would be a great machine for those just converting to rotary from coils. Either way ill give a more in depth review in the coming weeks!
    I couldn't thank Dale more for the trust and opportunity to try it out and for being an awesome dude
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    You haven't tried the soft spring then ? And about voltages ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been able to so anything with the soft spring yet, I rarely do black and grey or soft washy tattoos so I can foresee that ill rarely use the soft spring. I found it ran best for color around 7-8 volts. I did a big solid bear paw print with it today it plows in solid black at about 8.5 volts with no give

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool ! I was just wondering because I did the opposite ^^ I tried only the soft spring and I found it brilliant to do anything with the soft one and almost max give That's interesting to see all the options and ways to use it I'll try your way today !

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got to do a small black and grey piece with it so I threw the soft spring on it with a bugpin 11 mag at about 7.5 volts with the give dialed back about 2 turns from the hardest setting and I was totally floored by how smooth it ran! very nice, I'd like to get a bigger black and grey piece in with it but the one i got to do pleasantly surprised me... I can see this fighting with my vivace 2.5 for my go to black and grey machine. I also did another full color piece with it and the hard spring and it ran great and blended nice smooth solid color.... I just finished lining a small tattoo with a tight 5, hard spring, at about 9 volts with no give and it threw a solid line but felt a bit off, the problem i always have with lining with rotaries is you can't "feel" the line going in solid in the skin the way you can with a coil (if that makes sense). It ran a clean line but without the feeling of that slight bog a coil gets when it hits that sweet spot, I always felt I had to second guess the line until I wiped it down and saw the results.... It's more of my problem than the machine's. Either way I think by the end of the week I should have enough time under my belt with it to write a full review of it. Thus far I'm very impressed and I think it is as well rounded as any other rotary I've tried. Here's the full color rose I got to do with it, I can see this machine being one of my go to color machines for sure bigrose.jpg
    Last edited by biggietattoos; 08-13-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one mate

Post Thanks / Like
    thats nice big E
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    That rose is nice & smooth.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fellas

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the review .. Proper nice work .. Respect ... Dale