Post Thanks / Like

Will this damage my Hawk Thunder?

So I got a Hawk Thunder recently and I love it but it's a pain in the ass and I'm too lazy to keep switching from the start-up cable back to RCA for all my other machines. I went to radio shack and got 2 adapters which made me be able to convert the male 1/8" phono on the back of the Thunder to RCA. It makes it a little long on the back end but that's okay. My question is, will this damage anything in my machine to run it like this? Using the RCA adapter, it doesn't need the start up cable. The machine actually starts without out a cartridge in it at 1 volt and with a
    T-Tech at 7 volts! It runs great like this and I assume it would actually be better for the machine because it doesn't have to be zapped with a high voltage to start it like when I'm using the start up cable. I use an Instek GPS-18300 lab power supply which is a beast but it's a great unit. I'm asking for advise on here because you guys will know better than me. I just don't want to damage my baby! Any info is welcomed. Thanks in advance...Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't see why it would. Plenty of us don't use start up cable and its all the same voltage wether its going through one cable or another.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could find a smaller adapter online im sure I stead of using 2... it shouldn't hurt the machine.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    an rca fits perfectly thru the hole on the back you can open it up take off there mind controll chip and connector and solder an rca in that fits like it was stock, my buddy did it i can get pics etc if you want, it does require you to completly void the warrenty tho , he did it to an OG hawk and it looks mint

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    and personally i would hate how much that extends your machine , i hate that on almost every machine and thats why i love my stylus even more then my thunder or spirit

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    like look how long it is by the time u connect an rca on that thing your tattooing with a big L shape that would drive me insane. i love the hawk cord even more then my reg rca trhat goes onto the stylus, the hawk cord is so lightweight its like it isnt even there

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys! I saw pictures on here converting the hawk to RCA. Although I can solder and probably do it without a problem, I don't really want to open it up in case I did mess it up or if I ever wanted to trade/sell it. I'm gonna look online for a smaller adapter because you're right, it is really long and is a big L shape.