Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Current Collection

601429_10151625957338727_1328649528_n.jpg
    Top left to right:
    1. Orphan Irons Stymi 2 (liner)
    2. Orphan Irons Stymi 2 (shader) has these built by Dewey in blue and red as my Spiderman Machines
    3. Schrobritter Micro liner. Made by Jason Schroder who now builds under the name Incognito Irons, Best liner I've ever used
    4. Vivace 2.5mm stroke... My go to black and grey shader.
    5. Stigma Hyper V3 My daily driver color machine.
    6. Rotary Works Springer I'm testing out for Dale, Brilliant machine so far
    7. EGO. I love this little thing!
    8. Swashdrive Gen 8. the first rotary I've felt almost 100% comfortable lining with.

I may be picking up a beast from my boss, i'm borrowing it, we'll see how I like it.

2. Like NeoTat, John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    the loose tubes are just ones that the shank slipped out of. gotta tighten them and sterilize em. Nothing gross! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    How would you compare the V3 and the Gen8? I just got a V3 I'm Itching to put threw the paces but have been eyeballing the Gen8. Just curious what you think about the 2 comparatively.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them for different purposes. I line with the gen8 and do color work with the v3, although either can do both. I'm bad at using machines to their full potential. The gen 8 is the most solid rotary for linework I've used. The v3 is the best color blender/packer I've ever used PERIOD. That said I've used the gen 8 for color and it works very well, while I didn't like the v3 for lining, but that's just how I tattoo so it's all subjective, it's definitely worth it owning if both is an option
    Last edited by biggietattoos; 08-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a gen 8 for sell...killer deal on it....would come with weight set....paid 600 for all of it from swash like 3 months ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Still have the gen8 for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi , i have the gen8 and sell my v3 hyper ... i feel very comfortable to line with the gen8 ( the first and only rotary that feels like coil for lining ) , for me i dont like the weight feel and balance of the v3. Build quality is the same between the v3 and swashdrive but its easier to adjust and test different settings and i get with the gen8 true lines like a coil .
    All clients say its hurts less and heals great - a lot of client needs longer healing time with the hyper v3

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received mine from unimax. Had some issues with tube clearance as I solely use disposables. After some slight modifications to the vice area I have to say its the best liner I've used to date.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of Mod did you do to the vise area? I have that same problem with disposables and t-tech grips. When using my regular liner tubes it is the best rotary liner I have ever used!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just carefully chamfered the bottom of the clamp and backside of the frame to allow the tube to come up a wee bit more as I like to hang a mile of needle when I line. Still have to use a razor blade to slice a wedge out of the top of the tube so the needle tensioner doesn't hit it but blades are cheap and disposable with your sharps container. I can post a pic when I get back to the shop
    J