Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines directDRIVE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Images rotating 180o on upload?

Hi, can somebody tell me how to stop my images from being rotated 180o by the site uploader please?

It has done this before to one degree or another, but today is doing it with every image i attempt to add to a post

Any help would be much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    PMed I think it's a setting on your computer because I have received pictures from you through e-mail in which all the pictures were up side down too. When I saved them on my computer they changed to right side up.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will look into this.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines directDRIVE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've cracked it!

Its an Apple/all other platforms issue related to iPhone pictures being viewed on none apple devices/computers.

For anybody who is interested...

When iOS 5 was released, for the first time you could take a photo using the volume up button on the iPhone, the problem is that when you hold your camera with the volume buttons up, your photos will be upside down on most Windows machines.

If you rotate your iPhone, the camera sensor won’t know about it. It will simply record the image and save it to a file, letting the software of your phone do the rest. To make sure that your photos are displayed correctly, your iPhone adds information about the correct rotation of the photo to the properties of each image, which are specified in EXIF tags.

Your iPhone doesn’t convert any images to correct orientation because that would keep it busy for a few seconds. Instead it simply saves all photos as they were recorded and adds information about their correct orientation to EXIF tags. This means that your iPhone is ready to shoot another photo within a fraction of a second.

The problem is that some software developers, including Microsoft, ignore the information that’s stored in EXIF tags.

You can prevent any rotation issues in the future by taking your iPhone photos and videos with the volume buttons down.

If you already have a lot of photos that are shot upside down, it’s best to use software that knows how to deal with EXIF tags like picasa

*short hand version of the issue as copied/pasted from somewhere on line

5. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That explains why my Mac corrects it. I'm glad you figured that out.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com