Post Thanks / Like

Flight V2 user tips info thread

What are your settings? Any tips you want to share?

Just started using this machine and it's still a bit of a mystery, it's unlike anything I've used!

I have the vice version and I'm currently using the hard bar with shortest stroke with mixed results... Been hovering around 9.5 -10.5 volts but I need more time on this machine before I could offer any settings that work for me.

Anyone else finding the grips super tight? I broke a t-tech cartridge just trying to get it in, and even with a good amount of lube on the bar I spend much longer trying to adjust the needle depth in small increments because the tight fit of the bar and the spring?

I could only find one other thread on the flight and it's all about shipping, would be cool to know what settings are working for people, configurations and volts for shading, packing etc I know it's all personal but be interested to know.

Thanks
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using the Cheyenne grip? Or the inkjecta one?
    I've been using the Cheyenne threaded grip and have had no problems, whatsoever, with Ttech or hawk cartridges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, for the way I tattoo, I've been using the 3.5 cam and medium bar for most lining at around 10.5v.
    3.5 or 4mm with soft bar for power lines and color blending at around 11-12v.
    4mm with hard bar at 10-11v for color packing.
    3mm with rigid bar at 8-9v for black and grey.

That's what's been working for me, so far.
    I'm still experimenting with cam, bar and voltages, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two one set up with the longest stroke And soft bar I use it for everything around 13 volts .. Then I have a med stroke set up with rigid bar that I like for bng and color blending.. I've used them a lot over the past months and really like them..

Post Thanks / Like
    Its hard for me to say much about how I use mine as my buddy has a vice version and it acts quite different than my combo. But the volts I use are pretty much exactly the same as everyone else states. My coworkers is a little lower on the volt settings than my combo. When he uses the soft bar it rattles real bad as if the bar is hitting the side of the tube. I only use ttech with my flite so volts are lower than if I were using hawk carts. 3.0 cam ridgid bar 11.5 to 13 volts depending on cart size all b&g. 3.5 cam medium bar 10 to 13 volts I use for everything else.

6. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes...the flite was a bit of a mystery to me aswell...your not alone.

the biggest drawback for me, was there is really no concrete way of testing the hit of the machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! I'm using the inkjecta grips with T-tech, setting this thing up is a total different experience compared to setting up say my halo with standard t-tech grip and tips, so quick and easy. That's my only real hang up with this machine and if I hadn't been using a halo for so long I doubt I'd know any different, I get excited to use the flight everyday though as there is something special about it! Thanks for the tips everyone I feel I need much more time on this machine to understand it better

Post Thanks / Like
    I run my V2 combo at 11.5 volts for lining, shading, everything. Cheyenne Hawk grip. T-tech cartridges. 3mm cam with the soft push bar. Love this machine so much! It was worth the wait. You can see the work I have been doing with it on my Instagram. @vintagekarma
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Like billannand liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I just picked up a V2 from Mick at the London convo, pretty excited to use it. Couple things Im unsure about tho. It was much noisier than I expected, not too bad tho. Did anyones have instructions with it? Also when i put my cheyenne grip in it I have to screw it in pretty hard and when I unscrew it I have to really yank the grip out. Kinda feel like Im gonna break the grip. Its such a tight fit into the vice. Any one else have that? and did it ease up with more use? I'm gonna try it out on tuesday with 4mm cam and soft bar for some colour roses. Really looking forward to trying it.

Thanks