Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, im very interested in those machines, and now that I heard the kinks are worked out I will be taking one for a drive.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know as I will alway give a discount to forum members.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks I definitely will, I have my student loans coming in this month so a week or two, but ill have some money to play with. much appreciated.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @nedz , the Hours rated on the maxon website and data files = not with the same mechanics as we put on them ...
    and a 6volt winding will not just take half it's life , (coming from a guy i know who assembles the maxons in holland )
    the wire is thinner, and can stand less heat , but hey what do i know.
    good luck with the machines

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only post what information Maxon give me and they say they test their motors for a 1000 hours under various conditions.

Here is the email maybe I read it wrong:

Good Morning Edward
    The voltage is proportional the speed. 6 volt winding at rated speed off 7000 rpm when connected to 12 volts will run at 14000 rpm. Now this is not a problem but the life of the motor will reduce. Maxon have tested our motors at the max permissible speed for 1000 hours which is where we get the catalogue figures. We are Swiss and very conservative! Depending on the load , environment and the application the life can be be 100 hours or 9000 hours. So I would advise take a standard voltage winding perhaps 4.5 or 6 volts run it at 12 volts or if you have lower voltage use that to achieve 12000 rpm.

How are the 22mm working out?

Please come back with any question.

Kind Regards

Greg
    Last edited by Nedz; 09-16-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is indeed what they said , but a 6volt winding will not last , imagine driving a car under constant 6000rpms ....
    we all shift different, but i would suggest a 6volt winding at 8500rpm , that way when u dial it in at 7.5volt u will have more then enough speed and less vibration then a 6volt runing at 12volt continuesly ...
    but also torque and stall torque play a big roll in this equasion , i remember a builder using highspeed and low mhm and that motor ran hot and burned out ..
    ive tested a lot of motors the last year, and in that time being, all the 3 and 6volts out there died prematurely when pushed to it's limits (this also due to the windings)
    i'm not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything in that cathegory , just some friendly advice ...
    you don't want to get 100machines back with burned out motors ... i know i wouldnt

Post Thanks / Like
    My little review on the MR03:

I have been able to get a hold of one of these a few weeks ago.

After opening the box and picking up this machine, it is VERY well balanced, and very nice in your hand with the shape of the grip that is produced with this machine. After plugging it into my critical it is VERY smooth. Very smooth. Lining, shading, and coloring with this machine has been very ideal and very consistent. I personally prefer a longer stroke, but i have compensated with the shorter length that this machine is capable of and still, works perfect. I am very pleased with this model and me being a cartridge user almost 100% of the time, this machine kills the job on the cartridges.

With the pen like shape and the way the grip is I personally have not had ANY hand fatigue or cramping in long sessions. clients have even told me it doesn't feel NEARLY as bad as your standard tattoo machines. Will def keep using this.

It has run anywhere from a 3rl to a 9 rl with ease and also a 9 curved mag to my 27 curved mags both from Cheyenne, and ttech tattoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey john, how many hours use has it had? I'm keen on this machine but I'm still worried about its false start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use say over 50? No problems what so ever

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    What discount did you get on this and have you used any other cartage machines like hawk etc and if so how does it compare, cheers