Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mini crankers?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think what makes them magic is the size of the cam. I think it builds quite a bit of momentum from that. Also on mine when i take my foot of the pedal it still spins for quite sometime which makes me think it has a lot force behind it. compared to other rotaries that simply stop when in the off position.. That along with the slight dampening are in my opinion what makes it magic. It is the only rotary I have used that stands above the others in performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's cool. definitely gotta get one. im sold. now the arduous task of trying to hide all my future purchases from my accountant(wife), lol. i have a long list of machines waiting to be bought. the cranker is getting bumped up on the list though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    that's cool. definitely gotta get one. im sold. now the arduous task of trying to hide all my future purchases from my accountant(wife), lol. i have a long list of machines waiting to be bought. the cranker is getting bumped up on the list though.
    LOL, been there I actually put off buying a cranker for quite sometime and wish I had not. When i finally did get one, It lived up to the hype and some!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone notice a huge difference in lining with a cranker with the metal clip that makes the machine no give. I noticed a huge difference, and I did not like it at all. It seems the one i have backs off quite a bit and seems to bog down a touch but does not snag resulting in great liner. The no give option just did not do it for me! Any thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    is the no give clip coming standard or is that a separate purchase? id hate to get one based on how they ran previously only to find something different and not like it.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Answer:
    The weight of the armature bar and the fact that the nipple head is not fixed.. it actually moves freely up and down inside the armature but is encased in an o ring of some sort inside the armature itself .. this helps to recreate the stabbing of a coil machine on the downstroke, similar to a whipping action, but with the perfectly controlled depth of a rotary crank shaft. Very well made...
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    is the no give clip coming standard or is that a separate purchase? id hate to get one based on how they ran previously only to find something different and not like it.
    You'd have to ask Dan. But it seems his newer models dont have the amount of give as the older ones. TBH, I used the cranker with no give and it lined just like all the other rotaries I have used, no magic. Now, with the built in give, it is like butter! Just like crabink said....

Post Thanks / Like
    I owned 2 of the MC-13 I don't ever remembering it having any give..the plastic crank arm is not a give system. he makes a great machine the proper stroke and proper motor with the proper torque is what seemed to make the kubin a really good machine for everything. have not had a chance to use one of the new MC-14 I would bet to say the reason he changed from plastic crank arm to metal is for the wear factor, I could be wrong. I am sure he will respond sooner or later.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangstajay View Post
    I owned 2 of the MC-13 I don't ever remembering it having any give..the plastic crank arm is not a give system. he makes a great machine the proper stroke and proper motor with the proper torque is what seemed to make the kubin a really good machine for everything. have not had a chance to use one of the new MC-14 I would bet to say the reason he changed from plastic crank arm to metal is for the wear factor, I could be wrong. I am sure he will respond sooner or later.
    maybe give isnt the right way to put it. But unlike other no gives the needle backs off on mine and I like it. It is probably because of the wear on the plastic mine does that(mc 12), but as I said for myself it seems to function better for how i Line. Maybe dampening would be a better way to put it, what ever it is, it lines like no other. It is much different than say a true no give, like a neotat or impact.