Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfininshed and it'll stay that way

Got on this whole trip a few months ago with alla prima style painting. In my mind I thought I was doing an awesome job..... I even nicknamed tge style "mud in mud out". Now I look at this unfinished crap in the back of my studio and think I'm such an idiot lol. It kinda looks cool kinda doesn't. It went from alla prima to alla crappo.
    Does any one in here like painting that way or would you rather layer traditionally?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    can't=finished by end of today, impossible=finished by end of week, out of your mind=already finished

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    everytime i try to paint like this it looks like shit so i just layer colors now

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed^ layering is the way for me.
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to do 2 layers plus a glaze layer. Id love to be able to do 1 layer but I cant paint opaquely and get the results I want with 1 layer.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    alla prima when done right looks cool but its still to loose and suggestive for my eye. check out david jon kassen , david grey, and scott waddell for some awesome oil paitings , fine art style.

Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I'm not wasting paint on that crap again. glad to see I'm not the only one
    can't=finished by end of today, impossible=finished by end of week, out of your mind=already finished