Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    You just wanted to rub it in twice, haha. Looks sweet man. I love the inlay mother of pearl on that. Let me know how it runs, I may have to get one too. I have just switched over to metal tipped disposables and have been meaning to start running more direct drives.
    the needle runners work great with them..Jimmie turned me onto that lil trick..I have 2 dd I dont use much but since the needle runners I am gonna put them in the rotation...I just love using my whips for line work
    VAGABOND JAY

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOOK NICE,

did this machine have STY UP SPRING ???? the needles stop INSIDE TUBES or WATHEVER ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by No Iron Machines View Post
    LOOK NICE,

did this machine have STY UP SPRING ???? the needles stop INSIDE TUBES or WATHEVER ????
    No stay up spring. Not a concern of mine either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    No stay up spring. Not a concern of mine either.
    mine either
    VAGABOND JAY

nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owl, after you mentioned an adjustable cam I had to get one for mine. Its on its way. My ikarus is the 4.2mm version, and its great for laying color. I'm looking forward to slapping that new cam on it, shortening the stroke, and trying some black&grey. Maybe even lining...... who knows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reigningink View Post
    Owl, after you mentioned an adjustable cam I had to get one for mine. Its on its way. My ikarus is the 4.2mm version, and its great for laying color. I'm looking forward to slapping that new cam on it, shortening the stroke, and trying some black&grey. Maybe even lining...... who knows
    I wish you all the best, glad to hear it. I have only lined 5s and 3s let me know if you go bigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reigningink View Post
    that 4.2 should be great for lining.
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    after reading some of these favorable comments I sprang for a direct drive and an inline, both with adjustable cams and the abalone faceplate. once they arrive and I've had a chance to use them a few times i'll give my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saint john View Post
    after reading some of these favorable comments I sprang for a direct drive and an inline, both with adjustable cams and the abalone faceplate. once they arrive and I've had a chance to use them a few times i'll give my $.02.
    Best of luck to you. I hope you like them. I have had a few issues with lexan tubes slipping a little but otherwise my experience has been very good with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    can someone tell me how to post a jpg? I've done it before, but either I or my computer aren't working correctly. thanks
    Last edited by saint john; 10-01-2013 at 12:48 PM.