Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just an inquiry more than anything, just born curiosity

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Post Thanks / Like
    John_2.jpgthese are my new children that i'm adopting from Slovenia. their real father(mark lemer) has been sending me pictures during their creation. hope they run as good as they look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool and congrats they look good as a matched set with both having mother of pearl. Hope you like them. I am waiting on a Direct drive from him myself. Hope you tell us all about it when you get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I modded mine today. I was attempting to introduce a little give. Just a hair in hopes to make it a better liner. I will test the results tomorrow. But I thought I would share it with everyone. As the cost is about 2˘ .

The crank arm is held in place by a fiber washer and the hole is large to accommodate the flange on the fiber washer. So I had noticed that if this slid to far back it created a little noise and I wanted to correct that too. So I cut some silicone tubing and replaced the fiber washer with that but made it a hair bigger as to accommodate the extra space as the old washer moved slightly.

I then added the spacer back in and ran the machine. Well it runs quiet and as an added bonus the silicon tube is just slightly smaller than the washer that was there. Thus allowing the top hole of the crank arm to slide back an forth on the armature bar. So I thumbed the a bar and noticed that the crank arm slid forward a little and shortened the stroke slightly. So now I have a small amount of preset give. I will be trying it out for lining tomorrow to see if it is a big improvement or not. Good luck if you want to try this out too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    So I modded mine today. I was attempting to introduce a little give. Just a hair in hopes to make it a better liner. I will test the results tomorrow. But I thought I would share it with everyone. As the cost is about 2˘ .

The crank arm is held in place by a fiber washer and the hole is large to accommodate the flange on the fiber washer. So I had noticed that if this slid to far back it created a little noise and I wanted to correct that too. So I cut some silicone tubing and replaced the fiber washer with that but made it a hair bigger as to accommodate the extra space as the old washer moved slightly.

I then added the spacer back in and ran the machine. Well it runs quiet and as an added bonus the silicon tube is just slightly smaller than the washer that was there. Thus allowing the top hole of the crank arm to slide back an forth on the armature bar. So I thumbed the a bar and noticed that the crank arm slid forward a little and shortened the stroke slightly. So now I have a small amount of preset give. I will be trying it out for lining tomorrow to see if it is a big improvement or not. Good luck if you want to try this out too.
    please let us know how it goes. I was considering doing something similar to all of my Abar rotaries. In essence trying to immulate the OG cranker give..

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll it works. It works pretty much as I had hoped. I did a little lining today and it was easy. However the needle sits a little forward of center in the tube and although it didn't cause any problems, I could see it causing spraying. Or the needle eyelet could possibly slip off if a rubber band were to break. Maybe if the tube vice sat further out and the needle bar was just a little longer it would be perfect. I would say that now it gets almost a full millimeter of give. I think it would be best suited at 7-9 rls. I used a 5 today, but I almost thought it was going in too fast.

7. Like tattood liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe throw a washer under that vice to move it forward to line the bar up straight.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Maybe throw a washer under that vice to move it forward to line the bar up straight.
    Yeah, that would probably solve most concerns. I might have to do that. Once I run it a little more I will give a few ideas to Mark and see what he says. You never know if this works well enough he might want to use the idea himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    here's an update on the two machines, one linear and the other direct, that I got from mark lemer in Slovenia. I wanted to use them both for multiple uses before I wrote. I've had no problems with these since I received them. I've used both for lining and coloring, and I've used the direct for black and grey, lining and coloring. the cams are adjustable and so it's nothing more than the turn of an allen set screw if you want the stroke lengthened or shortened. I would have to say I've been the most impressed with the linear machines ability to line with, just a beautiful line made with ease and no struggles. on par with some of my favorite machines, and I have a generation 8, a kubin liner, an amoeba direct and an impact. I paid a little extra($35) for the abalone faceplates and it gives them a classy look that's more than worth it. mark sent pics of the whole assembly process right up to the day they were shipped. I think I had them in less than 2 weeks from order date. if I had to search for any issues to complain about I would say that on the linear there is needed a little better setup for your rubberbands to lay. I made a small notch to correct this issue. no problem. 2nd, the tubevicescrew didn't hold the tubes completely tight. the fix was nothing more than removing the washer on each brass hold down screw, and voila, tighter than a tick. I paid slightly over $400 for both these machines total and they are more than worth it! thanks mark for your attention to detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys.....now i have 3 Machines from Mark and i love them all....2 A-Bars and one Directdrive....no Problems with them

Here is a little Pic from a work,i did last week with Marks machines

11826075_888812914544076_3894758273305131927_n.jpg
    Sorry for my bad english,i am to old to learn it anymore perfekt....I think