Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn Monroe on A Pound of Flesh hand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	21779
    Did this today. Been itching to tattoo one of these hands for a while. Used Waverly Bluebird.

2. Thanks NeoTat thanked for this post.
    Like NeoTat, billannand, Zomb, tatu richie, John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, man! How was it to tattoo on?

4. Thanks Heath thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes anyone that has used these please fill us in on how they are to work with..I remmber those practice skins were horrible..damn
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry just now saw the questions. Lining they are easy to do, they require a bit more pressure to get the line as solid, but are not hard to line. Color packing is the same. Shading, for me, was harder only because I prefer to whip shade with gray wash and you can't do that... BUT the small circle shading, ON THIS (not skin) looks pretty smooth... it's how I shaded everything on this, minus the detal stuff like the eyelid and cheek line, etc. For that I used a liner and just whip shaded with the liner and it worked fine. The rubber or whatever it is gets a little chewed up if you line over it more than once, or next to a line so it's more sensitive than skin...but it doesn't show really. The thumb where I shaded was chewed up a bit...but still looks good I think.

It's definitely worth getting to show off a 3D, "real" tattoo to a client. That's why I wanted it more or less. I think pictures do tattoos an injustice...and I wanted my first portrait to be on something I could keep, of a famous person, not on myself. So it was a win-win I think. $50 isn't much either.

All in all, I am wanting to get a few more and do more of these, then they will be awesome decoration for the shop, and great conversation starters for more custom work rather than cheesy infinity symbols all the time. Also, I tattooed the fingernails for fun...as they have no color on them.
    Last edited by Heath; 09-25-2013 at 12:55 AM.

7. Like NeoTat liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Sorry just now saw the questions. Lining they are easy to do, they require a bit more pressure to get the line as solid, but are not hard to line. Color packing is the same. Shading, for me, was harder only because I prefer to whip shade with gray wash and you can't do that... BUT the small circle shading, ON THIS (not skin) looks pretty smooth... it's how I shaded everything on this, minus the detal stuff like the eyelid and cheek line, etc. For that I used a liner and just whip shaded with the liner and it worked fine. The rubber or whatever it is gets a little chewed up if you line over it more than once, or next to a line so it's more sensitive than skin...but it doesn't show really. The thumb where I shaded was chewed up a bit...but still looks good I think.

It's definitely worth getting to show off a 3D, "real" tattoo to a client. That's why I wanted it more or less. I think pictures do tattoos an injustice...and I wanted my first portrait to be on something I could keep, of a famous person, not on myself. So it was a win-win I think. $50 isn't much either.

All in all, I am wanting to get a few more and do more of these, then they will be awesome decoration for the shop, and great conversation starters for more custom work rather than cheesy infinity symbols all the time. Also, I tattooed the fingernails for fun...as they have no color on them.

thnx for the info, very helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    one other question...what did you use to apply the stencil and how long did you let it dry?
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Ended up an hour later angry and unsuccessful using stencil stuff. So I used Dettol on a paper towel, pressed the stencil down and held it dry with my left hand and dabbed Dettol on top lightly. It stuck while putting on a stencil clean enough to see. Then I reinforced it with a skin scribe and then 3 hours later hair sprayed it to dry overnight as the company recommends this.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I've tattooed the fake skin before and it's terrible compared to this. Going into this I expected to have terrible results...and it turned out nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Ended up an hour later angry and unsuccessful using stencil stuff. So I used Dettol on a paper towel, pressed the stencil down and held it dry with my left hand and dabbed Dettol on top lightly. It stuck while putting on a stencil clean enough to see. Then I reinforced it with a skin scribe and then 3 hours later hair sprayed it to dry overnight as the company recommends this.
    thanks for the info
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice man

14. Thanks HEX_TATTOOS, Heath thanked for this post.
    Like HEX_TATTOOS liked this post.