Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    About 18 years ago I used to Tattoo with a cosmetic tattoo machine called Mei Che, they had a similar cartridge system, as well as many others but so much time has passed and everyone just assumed cheyenne were the creators and inventors, but really all they did was come out with their own type of cartridge system, something me and other builders should have the right to do as well, I personally don't like the tension and the liner needles from Hawk. I like T TEC but there is much room for many improvements, I have been talking with somebody about teaming up to make another version but only better because we are both tattoo artists who know what we need. After all, Cheyenne Hawk machines were never made for body Art, they were always made just for cosmetic tattooing until the corporate, Money hungry Board of Directors decided to capitalize on our industry. And now they are trying to corner the market so that they could own it all, I don't know what you guys think but that mentality needs to be snuffed quick!
    Hey Franco, I don't think it was the Mei Che machine but maybe the KP machine. And the funny thing about the KP.....it was very similar to the Cheyenne.
    Mei Che came on after them.....Im pretty sure......but may be wrong.
    And our MT Derm folks have bought out a number of the PMU machine companies to have more control over the biz.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad all you guys agree, I was felling like I was the only one. I hate corporations that step into an industry built on pride and personal acheivment an turn it in to a something soulless and make the advancement of that industry completely capitalistic in nature and suck dry any possibility of developing any type of camaraderie which by definition is, a spirit of friendly good-fellowship. it makes me angry beyond belief! we have to fight this every step of the way or lose our individualism and creative idealism through the cracks of a court room floor!

Post Thanks / Like
    ya...t-tech fucked up...they could have made a killing selling disposable tubes for their carts....especially since people are already on their website buying their carts.

I have been bugging t-tech for almost a year now...this is clearly a case of if you lag, you lose

.if you check some of my older posts I often mention how there could be huge market for disposables that ran with carts.

Im just really glad it is being developed by 2 solid dudes in the biz.... Gaston and Franco....and not some cheap chinese company.

Funny thing is, there was a disposable tube that worked with carts....the hummingbird tubes....then they just one day changed the design so they would no longer work without letting their customers know....i still have 3 or 4 boxes just laying around collecting dust because without the ability to use carts with them.....they are just cheap chinese crap...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    ok.....looked it up. I stand corrected.....Mei Cha did start before KP, Mei Cha in 1984 and KP in 1985. Another one of the companies that had a market share in PMU was Camline from 1995. All of these have special needles and cartridges and some had seals or sponges to keep the pathogens from creeping up into the handpiece - Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    ive never had anything come up one of my t-tech carts, not saying it isn't possible. I think if some one does improve upon the t-techs id want it to be close to the same elasticity as the t-tech carts and less like the Cheyenne even if that new cart had a barrier similar to Cheyenne. the Cheyenne carts have way to much pressure for me, just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    well said ray, NO MONOPOLIES! I love how grounded you are. with people like you, gaston, and franco in the biz., this industries future looks real bright. im happy to be witness to these amazing developments.
    I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

Post Thanks / Like
    ive never had anything come up one of my t-tech carts, not saying it isn't possible. I think if some one does improve upon the t-techs id want it to be close to the same elasticity as the t-tech carts and less like the Cheyenne even if that new cart had a barrier similar to Cheyenne. the Cheyenne carts have way to much pressure for me, just my opinion.
    The new carts have a seal.....that works as the spring....and keeps the crud at bay.

Post Thanks / Like
    originally posted by "rjdadio" I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

we have to work together. its the only way, we need a Tattoo Coalition. the definition of coalition is, a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action, each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause. brothers in arms

9. Like slicksteel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    originally posted by "rjdadio" I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

we have to work together. its the only way, we need a Tattoo Coalition. the definition of coalition is, a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action, each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause. brothers in arms
    A coalition or any kind of leadership would ruin this business. With a big head or a set of big heads alluva sudden we are open to manipulation and regulations. It'll put us all under one roof and whoever put the most money in would make the house rules.

Its already so bad. Being divided yet with our hands together in the best way for us not to be put down on. This business is suppose to let us be off the grid and individual.
    Last edited by mattmillerink; 09-27-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    In an ideal world......but power, agendas, dramas and such......it would not work.

I was going to respond back on this, but didn't. so I'm glad you did