Ok so after getting back into tattooing, again, after another hiatus, again I decided to take the plunge into rotarys after about 6 months with the hybrid. I originally chose the hybrid because I also airbrush and liked the thought of being able to plumb a whole shop for myself, however I have never used it without the powerpack. Neuma headquarters is about 30 minutes from me when I'm in CA and personally they have been very easy to work with in that, I call, they answer, I ride over with some money or in need of some tech help, they take care of it and I leave.
So now I have decided to switch up to all rotary or at least try it and I placed orders for two rotary works and one bishop. My experience so far has been a little uncomfortable in that I haven't "talked" to anyone yet and that is just my preference. I like to "go/look/pay cash" but that is just me. On the other hand I would love it if I only had to deal with customers through email so I get it. My rotary works arrived yesterday (thurs) after being shipped last monday (for those with shipping questions) and I am currently in Montana if that is any help. My first email from Bishop that said my order was being processed was on the 30th of last month and here we are on the 15th, so whatever. I had some email trouble with them in that I could not reply to the email address that they were replying to me from (if that makes any sense) so Maybe like Tuesday of last week I think I got it straightened out... maybe, I don't know, my email from this past weekend has yet to be confirmed. So, hopefully this all works out.
As for the Rotary Works I hope to try them out today after some initial concerns yesterday. Beautiful out of the box but one definitely ran stronger than the other and had a right side pull to it. After some observation I noticed that one spun clockwise and the other, stronger one spun counterclockwise. So I reversed the RCA connection and now both spin clockwise and smooth but one is still much faster than the other. I'm not sure if clockwise is correct, I did my first tattoos with rotaries and the way I learned was clockwise, but there is nothing to say that the guys I learned from knew what they were talking about. So, we will see how it goes and I will update this and if anyone can help me troubleshoot to get these things running identically please let me know.