this is from davids fiance a post she did on the benefit
I wish I had words right now for how grateful and thankful our families and I are for all the love and support you are all providing us. David went through some of the craziest and roughest years of his life. When we met and he was tattooing, he could not have been happier. His world was the tattoo industry and his family. I have heard so much of all of you through my David Darling, and he held you all in such high regard. He would talk about all the different conversations on the forums and how much he admired so much of your works and how "badass" you all are. He would be so proud to know how good of friends he really had and his son will come into this world knowing him so much better because of the graciousness and the support from his immediate family as well as you all...his extended family across the world. I cannot wait to share the amazing life of David with his children as they grow and I can only hope to get them as close to him and his passions as you all have been. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and soul and from that of David's. I cannot put to words how much I love you all for everything you've done and are doing in our time of sadness and heartache.