Of course you can call him. Maybe not right now, but you can certainly find a time when you are awake and he should be too (16 hours difference right?).

Yes, he should respond to emails, yes, he should respond to FB messages. But he doesn't. It's been said he answers when you call, so, if there is so much stress, call him.

Everyone is so bent out of shape about this thing... it was a pre-order. Of the first batch of a brand new machine. Being hand built by one guy in his garage/machine shop. This was not a secret.
Not having this machine is not keeping me (or I suspect any of you) from working. If it has, well, it's your own fault for ordering a machine that wasn't even in production yet.
I bought in because i had the money and it won't make or break me. Yes, it is taking WAY longer than he initially said. Whatever. Cheyenne pushed back the launch of their pen and they have more than 1 dude researching, designing, marketing, and producing them.

I also don't think pressuring him to send a machine before he is ready and then complaining that it seems unfinished is fair. Of course it seems a little unfinished, he was pressured to send it out early!

Guys, I hope he comes through for those of you who want your money back.
I got a message from him awhile back thanking me for being patient and telling me he would send one to me as soon as he had one ready since i was the first to pay for one.
I thanked him and told him that I wouldn't mind waiting longer if sending that machine out to someone else would pacify them. And I don't mind waiting. Hopefully that machine finds its way to one of you guys.