Quote Originally Posted by No Iron Machines View Post
COMPLIMENTS, didi u done the program youself ? very cool

about the 4.5 mm stroke u wanna done, for my opinion after 3.5 stroke on direct drive,the needles bar gonna move to much lateral, no good
Thank you!
Yes, I designed the whole thing in Sketchup, the ones I have ended up using is the third render of the frame, I guess the fourth and fifth render will be the completed design..
I actually designed my 3D printer as well :P
First i bought the Makerfarm Prusa i3, but I wasnīt happy with it at all, too much vibrations and movement.
Then I redesigned the printer to a H-bot gantry with fishing lines, but that one became to unstable.
And now I have the IKEA-hacked something-shelf, hammered together with the axis I need and in some different materials.
The linear bearings from the Makerfarm was some poor shit, so I found some old steel-grips that got lubed up, slides like a motherf***!

Ill post some pics of the "ScrapBot" and some videos later!

4.5mm stroke is what I have, and I got it to work fine. The needlebar is not hitting the tube and no rubberbands has snapped yet!

My goal is to build some prototypes to sell, and the fund a better printersetup that gives me less cleanup after printing.