Quote Originally Posted by iden View Post
Actually Iīm printing in PLA, as in the name of the machine "PLA-stik"
And acetone doesnīt bite on PLA as it does on ABS, there is something else that is used, but I canīt remember the name and have no idea where to get it.
ABS react to several chemicals, but PLA seems to take almost anything, except too much head i.e boiling hot water.
IMO the PLA is better as material for this kind of construction, its harder and its easier to post-process, ABS tend to softly bend and finally break. And of course, there is the handmade-feel to it that matters to me, 3D printing is kinda like molding brass/steel frames for coil-machines, you have to do something to it afterwards..

Yes, different colours have different strength, I find the solid ones the best and easiest to print/process.. The transparent ones can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
Yeah. PLA is more stable and easy to work than ABS and it doesn't require having a heated build plate.
I never tried the acetone process but I saw a video on YouTube.
Tip I discover the other say after several failed rafts: cover your build plate with capton tape and heat it up with a blow dryer until is about to print. Be careful not to melt anything in the printer especially if your build plate is not glass or metal. Prints stick so good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD