Figured I would start a new thread.
It just arrived today. I wasn't working, but just had to go in and play with it!
So packaging was decent.
Color and machining quality is excellent.
I set it up with a tatsoul disposable cart grip, mediuim length push bar, and a ttech liner i keep around for testing purposes. You don't need any elastic for at all for carts. Mikes video said to use the eye grommet upside down, so that's what I did.
It def pushes the cart with ease. I started at 9v with the stroke adjusted to where they had set it to.
It was super quiet and had tons of give. The give reminds me of the LOD. It's real give, not slop created by play like other adjustable machines that I have used and didn't like.
The stroke adjusts super easy even while it's running.
I use all carts and mostly use a thunder or a flite. The centri has way more give than the flite with the softbar. It's very impressive as I had hoped.
So i messed around with the voltage and the stroke and it gets loud and kind of chattery up around 10 volts when there is no load on it. As soon as i put any pressure on the needle it goes back to quiet. This is my first Centr,i but I was told the older versions did the same thing.
I was a lil worried about the weight until I had it my hand. I've been using really light machines for yrs and the Centri is around 5oz. The way the machine is vertical really made it feel light and well balanced even with a disposable.
The light: hmmm well the light itself seems good. it's nice that it comes right off without any tools. I would recommend he makes a design change to the vice so it has an extruding part so the light can only come down to a certain point. Mike does have a video of how to use an elastic so it doesn't end up riding on your hand. Maybe a tight bearing or make it so it clicks to certain stay points instead of the magnets that hold it on which would make it a permanent feature. It can be used all the way up and stays magnetically, but I'm not sure if it casts a shadow if it's all the way up(the light also pivots when it's all the way up). Either way, it comes off if you don't like it.
The pivoting rca connector is a great idea. I also think that it's a lil to loose and could use a bearing or o-rings or plastic washers to tighten it up a lil bit. The RCA pivot piece has very slight play side to side and prob makes the machine louder than it needs to be.
All and all,I think this machine is well built, attractive, well balanced and is going to have the best give for blending out of all the rotary machine on the market, and will be a game changer and possibly a trend setter.
So these are just my initial thoughts on it right out of the box. I will tattoo with it tomorrow. At this point, I'm very excited about the give for doing colo work. I do realism so I prob won't have be the best at reviewing it for lining, but I will def post an in depth performance review once I have some tattoo time with it. I'm not used to using give and I have a bng session tomorrow, which i def don't typically like using give for. I'll use it anyway and see how it goes.
Anyone else get theirs and try it on the skin yet?
10854181_1036061329754272_4322766410347597765_o.jpg