Thread: Spektra edge x

Threaded View

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra edge x

Quote Originally Posted by zerovandal14 View Post
    Hello I just got a brand new spectra edge at the detroit convention , and i have to say i love it for lining and solid color , but my machine has almost zero give . I will have the screw turned to where there should be full give , and theres non at all still running just as hard as with the screw completely in , i have even take the screw to where its just dangling out , and hardly any give at all its still like the screw is in all the way . Does it just have to break in a little or am i doing something wrong???
    The edge has a short give travel and there are many reasons why we designed it this way. The end result of the give is noticeable while tattooing as there is No tactile feedback on any part of the machine (no, the give knob is stationary and does not back off like an armature bar for example) However if you no give at all, you may have over torqued the give knob while trying to close it causing the spring to jam. Try this. Remove the give knob. Push the bar inwards with normal force and see if you get it to pop back up.

Another thing you can try is to run the machine high like at 12 volts for 5 seconds while opposing inward force towards the bar. Put the give knob all the way in without over doing it and back off 1 turn and a half. The travel of the give is about 1.8mm so don't expect anything more than that. It's just simply no needed with this setup.

We are dealing with cartridges that already have a spring. Let us know how that went. And for everyone reading this 1.5 turn from the no position is all you want to back off. The rest of the turns have no effect over give and just sets the screw in place.

Feel free to PM, email us or call us with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 03-13-2015 at 01:43 AM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like Bishopbyname liked this post.