Thread: Spektra edge x

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    If you need some pointers feel free to ask. I think it's a bit too soon to judge it since you just got it and the machine def runs different than the halo, for example, due to the mechanisms that propels it.

You mentioned that you tried it on two small pieces, so allow yourself a few more tattoos to really see it shine.

I recommend to anyone getting this machine starting up with the set stroke and try it in several tattoos before machine adjustments. As we consider that the factory setting will suit most artists. Or at least try it good before altering it.

Also consider that Ttech and Cheyennes needles behave different as they both have different spring compression so the give may have to be adjusted according.

Regarding lining, you may see better results by adding a bit of give to it (at least that's how I line with ease)

Should you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Oh and regarding the adjustable stroke on the fly... Well ...you just give me work to do for the Edge V2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't get me wrong I think it's a top notch machine. Re-reading my post I think I came across as too critical when I really was just trying to share my experiences and see if anybody has any constructive criticisms regarding my technique. If you want me to take down my post I will as I didn't want it to seem like a review more as a comparison to machines I use. Sorry I'm just a VERY particular person. Reading Ray's post I'm going to try it again with a higher voltage. I think I was running mine at around 8.7 Always afraid on new machines of running it too high.

Quote Originally Posted by johndameart View Post
    give it some time, this machine has been the best I've used yet and honestly die say keep using it, how familiar are you exactly with rotaries anyway guatum? i only ask because your profile says you've been tattooing since last year.
    I think you were referring to me not guatum? I started off using coils but since literally everyone in my shop uses rotaries I practically learned on rotaries. I'd say 90% of my tattooing is done with rotaries.
    Last edited by gerardcon; 01-10-2015 at 02:30 AM.