Hello ladies and gents! Im Mike.

brief history about myself- I have been an artist my whole life, I was accepted to a couple Art colleges but was caught up in streets, I was a painter and sold my work on the streets and in tourist districts for a while in my 20s, gave up on my art for about 10 years , but thru a twist of fate, I ended up deciding to start tattooing after I went back to prison in 2010. That year I spent in prison I drew everyday just trying to get back my old skills. I got my sentence reconsidered and was given a tattoo kit and I started tattooing on myself. Now I know that this was all wrong and wish i would have gone through the apprenticeships I was offered years ago, but this is me.,

I scratched for a month, and luckily I ended up in a shop somehow. Now I know that it was a hack shop and they went out of business, but it was my first experience. Ive worked in a few different shops now, but Ive been pushing myself by gathering info all over. I have countless dvds from all the greats, and have joined other forums.I have gone to a few conventions out of state, and I just finished a mentorship program with a renowned tattooer and am going to stay on with him for another mentorship program.

Im mainly a coil user but I do own a Bishop and am working at converting over. I really love the accuracy I get with rotaries and weight of course. Im hoping to learn more about them on here, so I can make better educated decisions regarding my next rotary machine purchases.

I really hope people can look past my past, and how I got into tattooing.

I love tattooing and I really believe I would be dead or still locked up if tattooing never chose me.

BTW Im a full custody father or a 5 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

I am also hoping for some critiques of my work, Im on instagram as @michaelmyerstattoo