Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
I dunno where you info is coming from the sidewinders are much lighter than my lightest coil. It does not need constant tuning - I haven't tuned my v2 in months, and use it daily.

Different machines - the sidewiders are geared toward lining and can easily be tuned for other tasks. I have both and use my SW more - its my daily liner. I love my swash for b and grey and even colour and it can line 3-5 very well, but IMO the SW pushes bigger needles better, that being said I tend to line off the tip.

Yer welcome to your opinion but you make it sound like the SW get out of tune easily and that just is not the case.

PLUS if you have a v1 of sidewinder Dan will let you trade it in for a v3 - to my knowledge not one other rotary builder has offered that. Plus I like machines that tattooers build, but thats just my opinion. The SC is designed to be cart friendly and is a hell of a good shader as well.
dont get me wrong mate,in my last sentence i said i bow to dans skills and in my language its a heavy phrase giving emphasis on how much respected this man is in my eyes.the constand off tunning is an issue ive red from peoples posts ,revews and saying.they do need a more detailed tunning to change tasks unlike the whip that its just a slide clip or a weight ring for greater hit.i use my whip for everything,from smooth silcky shades to pepershading and colorpacking.i used it with 3tight liner to 15 traditional liner and it pushed it in like nobodys buisines.i would say the sw is for more traditional work and it shines at that field but the whip is more vercile and multitask.
this was my experience and knowledge ,but you are a respected tattooist here so your opinion counts and its respected.things may be somewere in the middle because i used the sw only for a couple tattoos and not on a daily basis like the whips.so you have a more complete idea on the sw.as i said in MY eyes whips are the holy grail by 1000