Not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right category or not but does anyone on here have any experience with Swashdrives customer service?? I got two Gen 8's I bought brand new plus a Spinner power supply about a year ago and the one machine is starting to get very chattery so I want to get two brand new swashplates to freshen them both back up to new. I emailed and talked to Tony Oliver about getting the parts and he said they can't sell the swashplates b/c people can put them on counterfeit machines but I can send them both to Australia and they'll put new swashplates on them and ship them back to me.....What the fuck?? These two machines are my daily drivers so I can't ship them out and wait weeks to get them back. I sent him closeups of the machines and offered to send the receipts from when I bought them to verify they are authentic to get these parts but all I got back was "the swashplate should last for years"..... I use these things hours on end on a daily basis so I am very familiar with how they run and something in the swashplate is definitely going out on the one, I can even feel a difference when spinning the bearing by hand. All I want is parts for my machines I paid good money for dang nabbit!!!!! Really hoping they resolve this b/c if not I'll never buy another Swashdrive product as long as I live if they don't want to sell the parts for their own machines to consumers. I've never heard of such a thing in my life. He said he can sell me the bearings if I have access to an arbor press (which I don't) but I'm not even going to piss with that b/c if I break the clip or something else then I'm screwed. Anyone else ever have any issues getting parts from these guys??