Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
Maybe you should have more than 2 machines. What would you do if one or both completely broke down?
With the Gen 8's I can line and shade with the same machine, just have to make a give clip adjustment so I could live for a week if one broke down and I had to order a new one. It's unlikely that both machines would die at the same time. I don't like jumping around to different machines b/c I want to settle on a machine that works best for me and use it exclusively so it becomes a part of me, so to speak. I do my best work with these machines so far out of anything else I've tried so I wouldn't want to do someone the injustice of using a different machine I don't work quite as well with even if I was in a pinch. Sucks that they won't sell this part to me. Todays session I put the noisy swashplate on my liner b/c I really needed my shader to be on point. I may just give in and buy the bearings and try to press them out myself and cross my fingers I don't screw anything up b/c I really like the machines.