Got to log some time in on the Evader the past few days. This machine freaking kicks ass period, end of story!! I haven't done much lining with it yet but as far as black and gray shading goes, you can't not get smooth blends with this machine. I bag the machine so I can adjust the stroke wheel on the fly while I'm working so I can really fine tune how I want it to space the ink dots and man this thing does a killer job. It literally shades like you're using the airbrush tool in photoshop. I'm used to having to really pay attention, cross hatch, etc to get good blends and with this machine I find myself being able to just scrub in one direction and everything is nice and even. Was shading in a couple rough, hard to reach spots and I was like "ah shit, that blend isn't going to be that great", wipe it off and it's perfect!! Not sure how it does it but it does. I'm actually kind of shocked I haven't heard more about this machine on here from other tattooers. To date, this is the best machine I have used, hands down, and I have gone through a shit ton. For the past 6 or 7 months I've been using the EZ Pen b/c I was getting a little frustrated at every "top of the line" $500+ tattoo machine I would buy from builders just wasn't doing it for me. There were little annoying nuances in either the design or performance that I just did not care for and I was getting better results with a $200 EZ Pen. This machine is worth the cash and it is clear a lot of thought and care went into it's design and build. The only and I mean ONLY gripe I have with it is that the vise knob can be a little slippy to turn loose if you have it cranked tight. I may take the stock knob off and throw a wing nut on there. Here are two black and gray pieces I got to work on with the Evader.
15241156_1127400510629596_8075673694658933252_n.jpg15267776_1126405797395734_1269637497429879876_n.jpg