You are making presuppositions about my statements. When did I imply that owning a machine made or used by tattooer X would allow one to tattoo like tattooer X?
Also, your own statement about building your own machines validates my opinion. You, a tattooer, were able to make something that works better than the machines produced by non tattooers and for less money. At least I think that's what you said you did?
You are missing my point about profit$. Of course it's about earning more than a simple living wage. That is a no brainer. However, I choose to give my hard earned money to the independent guy who has a soul and a love for THE CRAFT, NOT THE "INDUSTRY". I feel like you are criticizing me for not wanting to be a part of the corporate hijacking of tattooing. I can't totally escape it and yes there are PLENTY of things that I use in my shop that a tattooer didn't make. When I can though, I keep my money where my mouth is and make an effort to have some honor.
I don't own any FK IRONS either, although I am not opposed to them. I hope you have a nice futuristic and profitable weekend. Cheers.