You may know I built coils since the early 90's and to rotaries, then onto my own machines in 2004. I designed the NeoTat with weight and balance in mind and I thought the weight was right at 5.6 oz. Noticing the industry going to lighter machines, I introduced the Vivace coming in at 4 oz to help with the weight that artists were asking me for. So now I am noticing a trend in our sales that shows that a number of artists who have bought the lighter Vivace and then purchased the heavier NeoTat machine go on to like it a little better.....because of the weight.

So now I am getting requests for heavier machines.....sort of like the old school coils.....the 7 - 8 oz ones.....kinda full circle here. Remember the 11 oz beasts!?

I can make heavy carved brass or bronze machines that would look cool, but I'm just not into making collectable machines.....I want to provide daily drivers....I'm sure some of you will want to hit me on the head!

My question is......is there any perfect weight or is it just personal preference? and, what is your choice?

-Ray