Threaded View

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thejackco View Post
    Hi, which one is better for one pass lines ( 3 to 7 ), also considering less vibration and noise? Thanks.
    Rapiers work great for one pass 5 + lines ,I feel ya really need two liner machines. One for 1-7 & one for 5-14,.
    The bigger the needle you need a machine that has a bit of give and a bit of needle wobble(like a coil) to rub the ink off inside the hole created.For really accurate thin finelines for script,realism etc., I would go for a machine that is a slide type with a needle clip like a bishop or neotat vivace.Both set with a long stroke.I think like wildboy said on the HM the new crank/bearing/routle is abit louder but is holding and stabilizing the needle better for more accurate lines-I am getting one with the original crank setup and plan on buying the new setup to so I will do a full review on it. So for instance a rapier running a 7 is going to make a better bolder one pass line then a bishop running a seven.And a bishop running a 5 will make a more crisp accurate line then a rapier.Hope this helps -just my exps. with rotary so far.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 08-12-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing