I love my Halo, and i wanted try using the ttech system with variable results. I removed the spring and the machine becomes very loud and mechanical sounding. The sliding mechanism seems to be extremly loose to the point that i am worried to even run it without the spring. So i just run it with the spring and its adequate....dont want to have to buy a new motor prematurely though. I also had the pin that the needle is seated on fall out, i replaced it but kinda on the skeptical side about using the ttechs with halo now
Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post

How to run Cartdriges systems on your Spektra Halo.

The "Slider" has a pre defined load that is achieved by the "Positioning" spring. This spring retracts the slider so the needle can hide inside your tube when the motor is off.

The normal startup voltage of a spectra is around 5-7 volts depending on several parameters.

The Hawk and T tech Cartridges have a built in "in cartridge spring or elastic" that retracts the needle.
You can understand this principal by "pushing in" the pin that drives the needle in the cartridge system.

The spring in the cartridge system is doing exactly what the "Positioning Spring" in the slider is doing: Retracts the needle when motor stops.

I've noticed that the spring tension of the spring or elastic found in most cartridges is greater than the tension of the Spektras Positioning spring. Probably twice as the tensile strength of the Spektra's "Positioning Spring"

Therefore, by removing the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra you will allow "just" the spring in the cartridge system do the job of retracting slider and needle.

What Happen if you don't remove the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra?

If you don't remove that spring the motor will have to fight double or triple the load (achieve by the multiple combination of springs)

Conclusion:
As soon as you remove that front spring off, the Spektra Halo is ready to perform flawless with T-tech or hawk.
The machine will run naturally starting at the normal 6v average voltage and you should see a smooth response by smaller increment of voltage.

Should you have any questions let me know. I may start a new thread with this info, since A LOT of people flooded my inbox since we release the Spektra.
I will also update this on our site