Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
Stainless for use guys that use steel tubes and like weight ,which would help with long stroke machines-which a lot of coil users use.Plus it would meet all health standards of sterilization in all lands.I feel that is the downfall of all rotary makers they feel that they have to make everything light as a feather. I feel if they did both a lighter and heavier model they will get more sells and please more artists. The brass storm is selling great to coil users as it has that weight of a coil machine. I find when a machine is to light i have to actually do more work which causes more cramps and more vibrations.I think you are going to see alot of carpel in a just a few years from the superlight machine users as the cause of this is not weight. It is repetitive motions and vibrations.Just look at any very lite rotary users posted videos and you will see that they have to constantly push the needle in as compared to a coil. A coil can also cause carpel but takes many years to do so because the machines do the work and they have some weight/density to absorb vibrations. Can you imagine a Halo in SS!? from reviews it gets ink in the skin great with its weighted slide and if you had a heavier front frame with the aluminum back motor mount it would be truly the crossover machine that would define everything as you would be able to do any size stroke and let the machine due the work due not having to constantly push the needle in or felling vibrations.
Look at the testing ray did with the original neo tat it had a lot of meat to its frame so it caused minimal vibrations.That is why that machine sells well and is still a favorite of coil/rotary users all over the world.
Yeah I def like a bit of weight when i'm lining. I personally don't have trouble lining with disposable but I prefer SS over plastic for lining. Yesterday I lined and color a piece with Stainless 1" with 4mm stroke Halo and I must say that weight will always be a plus on any machine when lining. An example is when you use disposable with coils, most people can run mag tubes with no problem but when it comes to lining heavy tube is always a plus. Of course, unless you master your technique lining with disposable.

PS: Stainless steel machine.... Notes taken