Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary w/ Perfect Give Settings

Hey guys, my name's Lockwood. Just recently joined the forum and I could use a little advice. I'm fairly new to rotaries. I've been using a wide range of quality coils for the last couple years, but I've been using a Bizarre V2 almost exclusively for the last 4 months and a Storm for the last few weeks. Love my Bizarre but I'm not a huge fan of the needle tension or the give adjustment system. It's awesome when you need a softer hit or a lot of give but trying to achieve a harder hit requires you to tighten the tension adjuster to the point of choking out the motor or turning up the volts higher than what you'd need often enough. I like the precision of using the no-give Storm for lining but feel it's a little aggressive for sure. Feel the same way about shading w/ it too, especially Blk & Grey. For doing blk & grey w/ it I simply turn it down to a point where the motor gives slightly for a softer hit. This of course slows down my work, so not a good option for me. . I'm thinkin' about a Bishop Capo, mostly because of the enclosed slide and the Maxon motor. But I also like Franco's philosophy he posted about offering a softer hitting spring loaded slide that's non-adjustable. Haven't tried one though and I don't even know if it's available. But I might not be opposed to an adjustable tension system if I had a better option.

I guess ideally I'd like to find a rotary w/ a well balanced non-adjustable dampening system or a machine w/ an adjustable tension system that isn't so dependent on voltage/speed/velocity in order to achieve a more solid hit.

Any suggestions or insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    -Lockwood
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 07-25-2012 at 12:59 PM.