So... I've gotten a few Private Messages from members asking if I could remind people of the no shouting rule. Sure, for some people, hitting the caps lock key makes it easier to type, as they don't have to think about which letters to capitalize - "Typing Cruise Control" - if you will.

For the majority of people however, messages and threads typed in ALL CAPS can be difficult to read, and it appears that someone is shouting.

I don't want to be a jerk and deliver infractions to members' accounts, nor do I want to give forum 'time-outs' or suspensions for something like this either. So, I asked my tech advisor to help me change one of the settings which will disable a message being typed in all capital letters.

See, guys? You ask, you get! (At least I try to deliver when I am able - and this was not a difficult feat). So, if you are a CAPS LOCK LUVR, sorry. You'll either have to type in all lower case letters, use capitals at the beginning of sentances, or deal with your 'all caps' messages being auto-corrected to lower case.

I know that some forums will give you an error if you type in all caps, and not let you post, but I tested ours, and it appears to simply auto-correct. Thankfully, it won't (or shouldn't) piss anyone off.

Thanks for being here, thanks for reading, and if you have problems with the forum, please let one of the staff know, as we are more than happy to help you out!

-Alie

P.S. I have allowed caps lock on a limited number of characters, as I realize that some words such as USA, USB, RCA and DARN should be able to be capitalized.