I finally got a 3.5 Impact rotary made by Kustom creations and liked it some much I just ordered another one.
I must say if you like linear slide needle clip machines this is the cream of the crop.The best of the best.
The machining is flawless with very tight tolerances . The fit and finish spot on with very nice high luster anodizing that has no light spots.
The balance of this machine is great at a nice weight of 4oz that feels like 2oz as it has the perfect forward weight to help push in those needles.
With this machine all you hear is the purr of the motor-the slider,cam frame are in perfect sync unlike some of the other slide type that are almost loud as a coil.
What I like about this machine is you can turn it really low for stipple/whip work and it wont stall or choke up.You can also crank it really high and it does not seem like it going to fly apart in pieces due to all the vibrations/noise that a lot of rotary machines have.
This machine has such a wide usable power band that you could pretty much do any style of work with it -line, shade, color blend, fill etc. with this one machine. Another thing I like is the chuck/thumb nut it holds plastic and steel tubes with ease and is very nice made with top of line thick nickel plating on the slider

The machines are made here in Cali at RPM which makes high end custom parts etc.The motor are custom spec'ed maxons.
Customer service givin to me by todd (Kustom creations) and David(RPM) was top notch. They have both answered tons of questions I have had about the product over the last few months. In fact the machine was in my hands two days later after ordering it. Todd made sure it was exactly how I wanted it before even shipping out.

So I have owned and tried tons of rotary machines and I can say hands down this has to be one of the best rotaries made in the world right now for a very fair price-These could easily sell for 550-600 like other rotaries out thereImg_130114184559.jpgImg_130114184615.jpgImg_130114184638.jpg.
I plan on getting two more as they are that good. If you can only afford one rotary or only want one this it!!
here is some pics and I will try to do a short vid of it running with some needles mounted

here is the website :
http://impactrotary.com/