Hey everyone, I've just been a lurker on here until one question has been bugging me since the day I bought the v3. I've got a v2 and love how quiet, low vibrating and smooth it feels, in fact at one point I had two of them I liked them so much. Anyway I was really excited upon the arrival of a v3 and bought one immediately only to discover it was a completely different animal to my beloved v2.

I found the v3 to be abit of a brute compared with the v2 and my favourite dragonfly s/s and since stigma stated that it is the softest hit of all I was thinking that maybe my machine just needed some 'breaking in time'. The months have passed and I've lubed the machine, used it for lining, colour and some b&g with big mags and it still has a pretty hard hit compared to the others that I named.

I really like the machine and find it to be a good little all rounder but this one niggle has really been at the back of my mind when going to chose a machine for some soft looking black and grey. I pretty much use the df s/s for all my b&g but it bugs me that I should be using the v3 with supposedly the softest hit of all.

btw I have the screw turned back so it's on it's softest setting and when I press my thumb on the grommet (machine running) it takes quite a lot of pressure to make the needles 'give' a little.
anyone else had this issue and is there anything I can do to make it better?
sorry for the long post but I thought I'd explain the best I could! Cheers.