Thread: give question

Threaded View

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

give question

I see that the dragonfly says 3.5 to 5mm stroke and see that it has one set stroke length.. but the stroke lengthens to create give. Hyper v3 also seems to open the throw and not reduce the stoke as give is created.
    Then I see the Neds and it is a spring on top which would actually shorten the stroke as the give effects the hit. Also the RotaryWorks springer is the same.. the stroke compacts as give is created.

So from this am I right to assume that the actual nipple end is allowed to increase its radius of play on the DF and v3? and is not fixed in place like the rw and neds?
    The ego has this play were the nipple is free to move up and down softened by the rubber triangles, thus increasing the total thrown at least a mm.

Just curious if anyone is knowledgeable about how these two give systems work? Or am I correct in my assumption?
    Because in my honest opinion softening a machine's hit by allowing the stroke to widen by speed and or losing it with a twist of a screw seems to be a more effective give system.
    Just as any machine that tries to create give by merely allowing the nipple to give under a spring, without increasing throw is still a direct drive.. its just a direct drive with give..
    I don't know if there is a name for the dragonfly style of give system, i would call it an open drive machine.

Please feel free to speak your mind..
    Last edited by crabink; 03-03-2013 at 01:45 AM.