Hi.. sorry to bring up an old topic but this is the most relevant place for me to post this issue I think!

I have 2 Hyper v2's (both brand new & got them about a month or so apart - one in about March '11 & one about April '11).. the first of which I have always been happy with the way it runs from the day I got it.. being my first machine of this kind I didn't have anything to compare it to.. until I received my 2nd Hyper.

The 2nd Hyper v2 I received has always run rather differently from my 1st one.. when run at the same voltage (on a Critical CX-2) as my 1st Hyper it runs a fair bit slower & the action of the swashplate seems tighter & it seems to slow down a bit here and there or at least it sounds like it to the ear & seems so when being used; it doesnt seem to purr quite like the other one either(the sound while it runs isn't as pleasing).

On the other hand my 1st Hyper - the one that runs how I expect they should do - the swashplate seems looser & freer moving with more action & smoother running with a constant speed.

Having read this thread regarding swashplates possibly being tight to start with or these machines having a break-in period.. at a guess the machine that I feel is being a bit problematic has probably had between 10-20 hours use.. can it take longer than that to loosen up possibly? The 1st machine that runs nice has always run nicely & the same from the first minute of use.

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

(This is my first post & I haven't introduced myself yet - I'll do that now quickly rather than make a fuss & announce my arrival in the other forum.)

I'm Aaron & I've been tattooing for about a year. My favourite style is Japanese but I enjoy anything really that allows artistic expression. I hate doing fiddly-arse script that people insist should be borderline too small for it to hold up for any amount of time! & around the bloody wrist! Try getting that transfer on 1st time! (or 5th) I decline those requests now..

I came across this forum in my hunt for rotary machines & am on the look out to add some to my arsenal of mostly coil machines. I'm interested in some of the benefits of rotaries - less weight & vibration to save the hands & seemingly causing less trauma to the skin during the tattoo process.. sounds good to me - I'm particularly interested if there's any rotaries that'll do a good job of lining - sometimes my wrist could do with it!

I like the look of the Rapier II but I use a clipcord.. think I read there could be a clipcord version at some point though.

I've rambled on a bit.. that's enough!

Cheers.