Thread: give question

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I assumed you were talking about the v3 as well being a DD. you can also decrease the stroke in a slider system with a fixed armature post by spring tension, especially at lower volts, whether it has just a stay up spring or also a spring in back within the adjustment knob setup. I think it would be hard for a builder to classify what type of give system is at work because so many are mechanically slightly different from one another. Take the halo, v3 and inkjecta for example. All have adjustment knobs but work very differently. I just think it would be hard to say open drive when that classification could result in a similar setup mechanically but a different result in how the give actually works. If you back a halos give knob out to full give it will back off slightly with lighter pressure on the armature post, but put more pressure and it almost clicks back into a mm and a half of needle give. This reactions is unique in any give system I have experienced even with similar fixed post adjustment knob setups.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-03-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net