Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Absolutely not and if you ever drag him into a conversation like this again your soul will burn in tattoo hell ^^
    LOL! He's such a hippy! hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    I think grading out a product into entry level, intermediate and advanced models is cool for things like cars and guitars...Tattoo equipment is different...this isn't a hobby where you get your toes a little wet before jumping in. Trying new equipment is always scary, but sites like this help us make educated decisions about our purchases. If you are thinking of going rotary, do it right! A builder shouldn't have to dumb down a machine design in order to cater to a lower price point demographic. We all know that even a $700 machine pays for itself in a very short time if you are actually using it.

Imagine if they made entry grade tattoo inks that had inferior lightfastness and pigment density...like student grade paints...doesn't that sound completely absurd? I feel the same way about machines...
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

3. Like Mr.Taboo, merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    f**k this nazi, "full Power" = "White Power" POS!!
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

5. Like merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think enough builders already have tiered machines. Not to mention that good machines do start cheap. 135€ for the German Evolution is cheaper than 150£ for a knock off dragonfly. 250$ for the original Neo Tat is a steal. These numbers are just off the top of my head and they are all respected machines. It doesn't cost much to do it right from the start. Also rotary works start at 120£, and the blunderbuss is an inexpensive machine from tattooed pirate that you can upgrade the motor. I think Dan Kubin's start at 250$ What is an entry level price? If you say below 100$ there is always the stealth and that is as low as I can stoop.

7. Like punkangel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    what make no sense? You would retain quailty control of your product by letting approved companys sell a good version of your machine(which would only sell to who you want) and you do not loose a ton of sells to thiefs as you would offer lower end yet still well made products similier to buying a car with the top of the line sports package,some upgrades or the base model. By do this you can still have out a good product based on your top of the line one that you still have control over while turning a profit and keeping tattooers happy.
    Pretty simple. People can hold on to the old days of tattooing all you want but the world marches on around you.Along time ago you never seen mass produced rotarys-they were all hand made except for the motors/bearings and even sometimes those were made in very small batches.But now we have cnc ones.
    So simply do the lic or let china etc mass produce crap copys of you product that will flood the market. If you have a basic model offered at a geat price most people would get that one instead of a cheap bootleg.Makes biz perfect sense for rotary machine makers that have production machines.
    If you say so...
    Last edited by Inkslingers; 12-21-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Invertedpixel View Post
    Imagine if they made entry grade tattoo inks that had inferior lightfastness and pigment density...like student grade paints...doesn't that sound completely absurd? I feel the same way about machines...
    Sounds like the Majority of pigments already out there lol. ... I reckon if you actually put all the good stuff in 1 barrel such as Eternal/Waverely/Starbright/Fantasia etc etc The Tattoo planet only has about what? 15-20 really worth investing or investigating imo.
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    disgusting - shit rotary - fuckin nazi
    ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MKplex View Post
    disgusting - shit rotary - fuckin nazi
    I find your comment hilarious considering you have the fake dragonfly "gun" yourself here: http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...y-TATTOO-s-Gun ...

Meine%20Tattoo%20Guns_1.jpg

12. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    burn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    I think enough builders already have tiered machines. Not to mention that good machines do start cheap. 135€ for the German Evolution is cheaper than 150£ for a knock off dragonfly. 250$ for the original Neo Tat is a steal. These numbers are just off the top of my head and they are all respected machines. It doesn't cost much to do it right from the start. Also rotary works start at 120£, and the blunderbuss is an inexpensive machine from tattooed pirate that you can upgrade the motor. I think Dan Kubin's start at 250$ What is an entry level price? If you say below 100$ there is always the stealth and that is as low as I can stoop.
    Seems like the Stealth is the only acceptable knock off out there...