Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    "Gaston" I know this doesn't, exactly pertain to this specific thread, but do you guys have any more information on the vortek? i.e. possible production date, how far along in the process, type of give system, etc.. sorry, just really interested in knowing more about that concept, as I am not a direct drive user. but I definitely am interested in the cartridge system, and the foot peddle, the anodized grips are awesome! those will look great with the bubblegum machine im getting, lol
    We change the name of the Vorteks to "Aura" so from now on we'll refer to Spektra Aura. This machine is under prototyping. It has a horizontal motor rather than vertical.
    It has adjustable give similar to the Halo. We have no release date yet and there is a lot of work ahead. We are making progress. The system that we develop is not swash, nor an angle spinning plate. We leaked some videos on Instagram that were removed right away thanks to our friends in CHina trying to snatch anything they can.

I may post some photos here soon.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like DrewsJumpingShip liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewsJumpingShip View Post
    Quick question, on the fkirons site now looking at ordering some grips. Love the halo and have had an excellent experience with their company so far, but isn't $125 a little steep for a grip? I'm not doubting the quality of it, just confused on why it is so pricey compared to inkjecta ss grips, cheyenne ss grips, ttech grips. I know it's made out of 7075 t6 aircraft aluminum, is it just that much pricier to manufacture the tubes with this? Anyways was just curious. Thanks
    The amount of work that goes into manufacturing these grips is pretty serious.

Our grips are made out of 3 parts rather than one single piece.
    - 3 parts means, three setups and labor to put them together.
    - The reason why we chose this manufacturing process is because we use different materials to achieve certain things the way we wanted them.
    - Long ours of engineering and prototyping went on this grip to overcome issues that we've seen with similar products.
    - The grip part is made out of a solid rod of 7075 T6 - due to its strength and finish capabilities (go figure the most expenssive grade of aluminum). Also it proved to be the best out of all the other alloys we tried to be autoclaved.
    - Each grip is hand buffed (with a buffer of course), then anodized at one of the best places you can take your parts to anodized to. We could simply anodize them raw right out of the machine and cut costs but we wanted to offer a supper smooth finished and beautifully colored grip. Easy to clean, with no pores, burr or groves.
    - The internal bushing is also machined and deburred by hand
    - the stainless steel rod is machined and finished by hand to leave a smooth edge around so when you insert it in your vice wont scratch your machine.
    - Then all parts are pressure fit one at a time. We have to build jigs to specifically achieve the builds and safely secure the parts
    - Grip come packaged in a feautiful coated box. The grip is insulated from the box with a protective film that ovoids the anodize to scratch or dull out against the paper box.
    - We pay our employees american wages, we buy our materials from the best sources and everything is made in house in the USA.
    - The grips also comes with the same type of warranty as our machines.

If you are looking for a solid and more affordable grip (that will work exactly the same, but is not autoclavable) then go with the Polyacetal Delrin version. It's the same but the grip part its machined out a solid rod of Delrin. Link Here: http://www.fkirons.com/shop/darklab-...-preorder-now/

I can speak for ourselves and product only.
    All our products are made in Miami-USA, anyone is welcome to come to our shop and we'll gladly show the process and resources that goes into making these grip. Only the best material and processes or manufacturing are used. Our crew get paid american salaries
    if we could charge less for the caliber of grip we are offering we will do it.

Any further question feel free to ask.
    Last edited by fkirons; 09-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHardy View Post
    Agggh I didn't know about the discount code. Ah well, ordered my color RPG today. Hopefully it will be out before I head to London!
    here is the link. http://www.fkirons.com/shop/darklab-preorder-now delrin version can ship the same day. Aluminum ones will start shipping in 2 weeks. We decided to do 6 colors rather than clear anodize

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Photos of the aura...

Photos photos photos
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    "Gaston" thanks for answering some questions for me about the "Aura". I know you're busy and have a lot on your plate at the moment. 7 to 10 days from now, getting my halo, grip, cams, foot peddle. its torture to have to wait like this, lol. I do know my wife cant wait either, she wants me to shut the f**k up about, it. lmao, thanks again.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    When are the foot pedals available?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know exact date on foot pedal im just ordering mine then, not getting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    I don't know exact date on foot pedal im just ordering mine then, not getting
    Hey brotha we are a week away from getting our parts back from our anodizer. The reason why they are taking so long os because each part of the footswitch is hand buffed then anodized. I hope they don't get behind and cant commit to the promise deadline. After that we will start building and shipping.

Regarding grips, same situation, each one of them are polished to a mirror finish then anodize.
    We should be getting a batch at the same time when we get the pedals.

As we are waiting for this 1k batch we alraedy started cutting another 1k pedals to have them available down the line without any wait.
    We have a huge amount of pre orders along with distributor orders so if you want yours later than sooner I suggest you do it sooner than later.
    Should you have any further questions speak to a human voice a 855-FKIRONS or email us.

Post Thanks / Like
    "fk irons" that's awesome, I know ill have to wait, that's not a problem. good things come to those... and all that. just haven't been this excited in a while. every now and then you get a new product that just gets you excited about tattooing again, that's where I am with getting my halo, etc... felt the same way when I got my ttechs, that's just how it goes for me. thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the RPG grips meant to be cold sterilized in between use during the day and autoclave at the end of each day? I know a lot of artists who use this method with their ttech grips. Was just curious, Let me know whenever you get some freed time! Thanks