Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    Hey Gaston, Is there a recommended limit for voltage for the Halo? I just got mine today and lined w/ it for a short while using the 4mm stroke at around 9v and it felt like it was really crankin'! I probably wouldn't run it much faster anyway but I'm curious.

As anxious as I am to post a review I want to spend a little more time w/ it first, I only used for about 20 min. But so far I'm really impressed w/ the give system.
    It al depends of your lining style. I line at about 10 - 10.5 Volts. Feel free to give the machine what it needs. Close the give all the way and open it a hint, that's the secret of a good lining with it.
    I use 3.2mm for everything so with the 4mm you probably can try even higher. (11 volts)
    I color ad shade around 8-9 volts.
    Experiment with voltage to find your sweet spot.
    Hope you enjoy the machine.

Last edited by fkirons; 07-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston, it looks like you knocked it out of the park. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    spektra halo had it a couple of weeks now i am liking it very much its smooth and the give is very good early days yet but i think all the hard work and hours of r and d..
    have payed off,it will be hard to beat well done to every one involved in this machine. its very awsome ,now i have got to tell more lies to my wife so i can get a couple more
    and how bout that for a nice touch it is engraved on the front .well done..

4. Like MrNate liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's killing me to only have one right now! When they ship the other 2 I have on order, I know I'll be Spektra only from here on out. Nothing I can say bad about them, job well done Gaston

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    it's killing me to only have one right now! When they ship the other 2 I have on order, I know I'll be Spektra only from here on out. Nothing I can say bad about them, job well done Gaston
    Thank you guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't have a Spektra halo yet, you better just go ahead, do yourself a favor & get two. You will want one set up as a liner & one as a color or B&G machine. Also, if you can, just take the plunge & order multiple machines @ a time. They have some really good deals on the fkirons website if you sit down & do the math. THESE MACHINES ARE LIKE TATTOOS, ONCE YOU GET ONE, YOU WILL GET ANOTHER ONE & ANOTHER ONE.

8. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So after all the BS with customs, I now have my Spektra and wouldn't you know it a day or rubbish tattoos but nothing was stopping me from using it so it got used on everything that was booked in then i also convinced someone with a back-piece i'd started to come in for 2 hours to give it a proper run ha ha
    1- Overal look - Tiny and super sleek. such a tidy design
    2- Weight - Super light but the balance with metal and plastic tubes/grips is spot on
    3- Performance - Colouring - First was a small colour flower on a foot and it just threw the colour in without any effort, i've never picked a machine and it work so well without any adjustments, power pack was set at 9v as a starting point and it never changed, give was wound out a little but not much, i will be staying with these settings from now on for 9mags, may be a little more juice for bigger groupings
    Grey Shade- took me a little longer to find my rhythm with grey shading but i usually use a whip which is a real different machine, but within half an hour the grey shades were flying in with ease. Not sure if it will replace my whip but the Inkjecta is definitely now my number 2 colour machine.
    4- MotorBolt system with 1/4 turn lock and release.- Toyed with this on arrival and such a clever system however I probably wont be using this as I only have one
    5- Capability of the machine to be spray directly with desinfectante or autcoclaved. - I bag my machines but the added benefit of this feature is definitely a plus and will be getting used
    6- Aithing else you may want to say about the machine. - I don't know anyone who couldn't love this machine, i cant wait for my next big colour piece to see how it fairs a long sitting
    7- Customer Service and anything we could to better assist you. - Customer service was excellent, due to time difference i was usually replied to within 24 hours which you cant fault and delivery was as said 1st week of August.
    Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard I'm glad you are happy with the product. I thank you and all the people that bared with me throughout the development and testing period until the machine came out.
    Feel free to contact me or Kaykeigh with any questions.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well i got my 2.5mm Spektra yesterday and im using it today!...Now ive been happy as a pig in shit with my 3.2mm and 4mm throw spektras and i dont normally travel down the 2.5 mm road....But im loving it...great on the shading and its packing in colour solid and quick....cant wait to try some lining with it...Man these babies are unbeatable!!!!....LONG LIVE THE SPEKTRA!!!

12. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats it - I'm getting one. I can't wait.