Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a post recently about a line of new disposables that you can insert removable and autoclavable weights into, seems a bit silly but yeah heavier, larger grip disposables are a good idea. I recently went back to one piece stainless with 1" titanium grips(I dumped a bunch of £ at Goodluckiron) and minus the cleaning/autoclave ritual I could not be happier.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    ^^^^I've used some disposable grip-less one piece tubes with 1" SS grips, effective setup for this scenario.
    Same here I use disposable tubes with my ss grips. Cheap as hell and nice weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    The wait to get mine is agonizing!

Post Thanks / Like
    *EDITED*

@Peter: I misread your post and therefore removed my comments about it from this post. I think we agree ;-)

@ Sage: Since you’d want to add only enough weight to sufficiently dampen the vibrations. The amount of weight would be subjective and vary depending on what set-up your running and at what speed. For this reason I personally think itmight be a good solution having removable weights. In fact I’d like to look at those tubes you mentioned. It'd be cool if the weights themselves were disposable though. I agree that it’s kinda silly to introduce anything that you have to sterilize to an all disposable set up, but it seems that you have to compromise one way or the other on this issue. At least at this point. I’m still thinking it’d be cool to have a weighted, all-disposable option w/ maybe a couple different weights available.

For now I ended up ordering some angle cut round tip solid/seamless 1-piece SS Tube/Tip/Grip's from Kingpin. http://kingpintattoosupply.com/pro-d...bo-liners.aspx (hover over the product shot for a good close up of the tips) I really liked the idea of having an easier time scrubbing the tube w/o having to remove the grip. I hope that's a selling point when I try to convince my boss that I really need these. I'm anxious to let you guys know when I get a chance to run the Halo w/ the SS!

Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    That's what I used to do Sage, but Health & Safety started beating the drum about vacuum autoclaves, they say a standard autoclave doesn't sterilise inside the hollow of the grip (load of bollocks). This is a policy no doubt stirred up by the autoclave manufacturers, trying to force us into buying new generic machines, they of course are the ones who profit from this. When I suggested cutting a TST strip into slivers and then inserting it into the hollows of the tube/tip ,and thus prove sterilisation would take place inside the tube, the health inspector just stood there with his mouth open catching flies. However, he would not budge,so now I use disposables. I do miss the weight and vibration absorbtion of a 1" steel grip, especially for machines that have some vibration,the Spektra once you go beyond 8 volts tends to vibrate more as you go up. It is of course a fabulous machine,I lined with it yesterday with one of my favorite steel tubes (good luck iron) it was absolute joy,from the finest lines to thick ones.
    So, this heavy disposable tube scenario ,does need to be addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Oz View Post
    There was a post recently about a line of new disposables that you can insert removable and autoclavable weights into, seems a bit silly but yeah heavier, larger grip disposables are a good idea. I recently went back to one piece stainless with 1" titanium grips(I dumped a bunch of £ at Goodluckiron) and minus the cleaning/autoclave ritual I could not be happier.
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 09-03-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Disposables that have large hollow grips that can fill with water to preference from a bottle and has a plastic plug, like a squirt gun?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, not sure if you're being completely sarcastic but actually doesn't sound too bad. lol. The fluid might possibly help kill the vibes real efficiently too. Prolly work even better if the Hollow grip had a powder inside that mixed w/ the water to quickly form a gel to avoid sloshing.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.goodguysupply.com/produc...gripless-tubes

^^^ the shit! you get a bunch of allen keys - package one with every other grip and you get the weight and vibration reduction of steel, with the ease of disposables. Yes you have to clean the grips but ten times easier than tips. I swear by them, turned Gaston onto them.

And at 50 for 12 bucks.....

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine and so far, so good.
    Love the weight look and feel of it.
    Better review after I have done more than one tattoos with it.

My only comment is the lack of elastics that came with the product.. seriously ? Such a specific size and you give me 20 of them

If you get one of these machines I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you get a bag of elastics as well.

**Edited to remove a bitchy comment
    Last edited by nivek; 08-28-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am only commenting on the service which I have received from FKI regarding the delivery of my Spektra.. Simply put, correspondence, updates and communication was impeccable-100%..I ordered a Kryptonite Green Machine, so I expected a delayed delivery, what I didn't expect, was the updates, and communications..I was always kept in the loop..

If FKI and TATsoul ever get together, and have a kid...That kid will rock the tattoo supply industry, both for Quality and Customer Service, Only saying....P

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    I just got mine and so far, so good.
    Love the weight look and feel of it.
    Better review after I have done more than one tattoos with it. Only comment is the lack of elastics that came with the product.. seriously ? Such a specific size and you give me 20 of them ... 50 bucks for shipping that only cost 31 and you cheap out on the elastics.....
    Wasn't there photos somewhere showing how to use a normal rubberband instead.... He coulda sent you 0 rubberbands...