Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea but we need to keep a eye on the Tescos of the tattooing world(Big super market chain of England lots of fingers in pies and the odd horse those who don't know) because if we don't things could slowly get out of are hands, people getting together on a project is great it works in tattooing so I can't see why it can't work in the machines them selfs as well.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess there is no perfect answer, and egos do tend to run rampant, in any profession, so I see that, I do believe that forums like this are a good start. I see a lot of conflicts here also and also egos in abundance, but more than that I see a lot of things get figured out, and I see ignorance washed away with the abundance of information available here. its really awesome to know I can come here everyday and know about the new devices available for our craft, and if not for this forum I would not have as much knowledge about issues as such as this. I definitely believe this is a step in the right direction. also, just as a side note, in fort wayne where I began my tattooing career. there is a sort of camaraderie amongst tattoo artist and together a lot of fine regulations and laws were brought about by working together within the tattoo community. it was illegal for so long up until people stood together and fought to have it changed. since then working together with the board of health the regulations in fort wayne are more suited to the artist and not so much the state, not just regulations for the sake of regulations. getting involved can bring about a lot of change. I know that if something like I suggested where a hierarchy of sorts with someone at the head of the table, shit wouldn't work, but if we don't regulate ourselves to some extent, someone will come along and do it for us, and we may not like the outcome then.

3. Like Jzmtatu liked this post.
    Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    having had the opportunity to work with Arizona state and federal law makers......most of them are idiots. I was an elected person for two terms......they like to call themselves "officials." Anyway....less regulation is better than over regulation and and more important is education. A person who has done alot to educate Indiana officials is Max's dad....I can't remember his first name......____ Egy. See, I'm an idiot too....lol.
    Believe he is in Terre Haute, so not sure if that is the same county you are in.

5. Like Jzmtatu, Deucalion liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indiana is amazing....friendly competition is ALWAYS a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah its Maxwell Egys father, hes the one who helped get it legal in fort wayne, that's awesome you know that. fort wayne isn't close to terra haute but maxs dad Michael is the same kat. Max worked with my homie Ryan Hadley in fort wayne, they are insanely largely responsible for the positive way that tattoos are viewed in the fort. ryan did an amazing piece of Jessica alba on my back, with one of your neos, lol.
    Last edited by cagelavey; 09-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdadio View Post
    Hey Franco, I don't think it was the Mei Che machine but maybe the KP machine. And the funny thing about the KP.....it was very similar to the Cheyenne.
    Mei Che came on after them.....Im pretty sure......but may be wrong.
    And our MT Derm folks have bought out a number of the PMU machine companies to have more control over the biz.

How are you Ray, Good input on this post. I did a bit of research and found that MeiCha started in 1984 and the KP company best known for their KP-96 rotary machine that was the inspiration that Cheyenne hawk used to create their machines. interesting fact, MeiCha invented the first digital rotary machine to come with disposable parts. As many do not know, MT Derm, the parent company of Cheyenne was started in 1998 by Jörn Kluge, C.E.O and took many ideas from both KP and MeiCha to develop their machine since at the time, those 2 companies were the leaders in Professional permanent make up products. I remember thinking how easy it was to change out the needle tips and how cool if the body art industry would one day follow. Just to inform many of you of their business ethics, they sell their Almost the same needle cartridges for the perm. cosmetic industry for $17 a piece, if this isn't highway robbery, I dont know what is. Someone should tell the many talented perm. make up folks that they can get them for $3-4 but would have to buy the hawk machine.

As for MT Derm trying to take complete control of the industry by means of lobbying the government, I have heard this many times and is complete Bullshit. I hope that quite a few companies come out with cartridges of many sorts so that our artists do not need to be forced to buy only Cheyenne. The biggest let down to Cheyenne was when TTECH came out with a better cartridge with less resistance and much better needles and a fraction of the price. Its not like Cheyenne is making those in Germany, They come also from China.Maybe if Cheyenne produced quality needles at an affordable price, no one would of needed to search elsewhere. Good old corporate greed!

Ray, I still owe you that beer nextime im in AZ!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    ya...t-tech fucked up...they could have made a killing selling disposable tubes for their carts....especially since people are already on their website buying their carts.

I have been bugging t-tech for almost a year now...this is clearly a case of if you lag, you lose

.if you check some of my older posts I often mention how there could be huge market for disposables that ran with carts.

Im just really glad it is being developed by 2 solid dudes in the biz.... Gaston and Franco....and not some cheap chinese company.

Funny thing is, there was a disposable tube that worked with carts....the hummingbird tubes....then they just one day changed the design so they would no longer work without letting their customers know....i still have 3 or 4 boxes just laying around collecting dust because without the ability to use carts with them.....they are just cheap chinese crap...lol
    Im sure the chinese will copy us right away, We just hope you all would prefer to support the guys that invest blood, sweat and money to come out with them. We will do our best to make them beyond affordable. Also, the hummingbird ones were not reliable, they were too tight and inconsistent.

10. Like gangstajay liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is what I live for. so many great minds in one place, bringing nefarious intent to light, lol. being able to set down and share ideas and knowledge for the betterment of this craft. god I really need to take this test for AP World History so I can get all this shit out of my head, lmao.

Post Thanks / Like
    see....not as dumb as I look..lol. History is an important subject indeed! This is how we make things better without falling for the same mistakes as in the past.
    We as an industry need to keep companies like MT Derm in check, or there won't be an industry to work with...

Post Thanks / Like
    The MT Derm machine that they have been marketing to the PMU industry is the Nouveau Contour. It is a vertical pen device that is very expensive to own. The company put forth this "digital" bullshit, and that the only way to apply PMU was with a digital machine.......the digital was the stupid power supply! it was just a rotary pen device. Back in 2004 the Contour cost around $6000.00 and at last pricing it varied between $2500.00 and $7000.00. They worked to make the system "blonde" proof by having color coded settings on the power supply and colorcoded cartridges with number counts for needles. The system was so dumbed down that most of the new PMU techs did not really understand what was going on with the needle configurations......ok, I need to do eyebrows I load the blue 5 and push the program setting for blue 5.....and dip it in pigment and go. Yep, that crazy. We had a terrible time educating the techs on what the tattoo needles were all about, and to this day some do not understand. It is a shame that the techs were sold on the belief that the only way to get good equipment was to spend lots of money.....LOTS of money. If it costs more....it must be better.

Some know that I got my start in 2004 with the PMU biz. I made a machine that did not need proprietary needles and where they did not have to take out a morgage to pay for the tool. And in doing that, I converted a number of Nouveau people and cost MT Derm a bit of money......so they have made it their mission to put me down in the tattoo biz. I have found it very funny how they work.....oh well...I will keep on doing what I do!

14. Like Vinoshitto liked this post.