Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    I've tried T-Techs w/ a couple different rotaries and found that they worked well, except that the pre-loaded cartridges put a noticeable amount of extra strain on the motors which I didn't like. The cartridges also take too much off the hit in my opinion, especially when lining. You usually run at higher volts than you do w/o them too. As a result of increased load and higher volts I've noticed my machines heating up a bit so I stopped using them for the most part. I still use my Storm w/ them cause I don't mind much if it takes a shit, already sent one back for a painless exchange. Then I read this:

Brilliant Myst!

Gaston, is this a viable option? While removing the Halo's front spring would probably compensate for the pre-loaded cartridges, would this set up degrade the Halo's give system in any way or can the Halo still perform properly w/o it? I gotta say that if this system works well it would be ideal. Unless you can already say that this is not a good option Gaston, could you please give this a try when you get a chance. I think the builder's opinion would give us a better perspective.

Thanks for that post Myst.
    How to run Cartdriges systems on your Spektra Halo.

The "Slider" has a pre defined load that is achieved by the "Positioning" spring. This spring retracts the slider so the needle can hide inside your tube when the motor is off.

The normal startup voltage of a spectra is around 5-7 volts depending on several parameters.

The Hawk and T tech Cartridges have a built in "in cartridge spring or elastic" that retracts the needle.
    You can understand this principal by "pushing in" the pin that drives the needle in the cartridge system.

The spring in the cartridge system is doing exactly what the "Positioning Spring" in the slider is doing: Retracts the needle when motor stops.

I've noticed that the spring tension of the spring or elastic found in most cartridges is greater than the tension of the Spektras Positioning spring. Probably twice as the tensile strength of the Spektra's "Positioning Spring"

Therefore, by removing the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra you will allow "just" the spring in the cartridge system do the job of retracting slider and needle.

What Happen if you don't remove the "Positioning Spring" off your Spektra?

If you don't remove that spring the motor will have to fight double or triple the load (achieve by the multiple combination of springs)

Conclusion:
    As soon as you remove that front spring off, the Spektra Halo is ready to perform flawless with T-tech or hawk.
    The machine will run naturally starting at the normal 6v average voltage and you should see a smooth response by smaller increment of voltage.

Should you have any questions let me know. I may start a new thread with this info, since A LOT of people flooded my inbox since we release the Spektra.
    I will also update this on our site

Last edited by fkirons; 09-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response, very clear. Is it likely the extra load would shorten the life of the motor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    Thanks for the response, very clear. Is it likely the extra load would shorten the life of the motor?
    Yes sir, definately

Post Thanks / Like
    for some reason when I copy and paste text to my reply from a text doc the formatting gets messed up. Sorry for the different font size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to throw my two cents worth and say a big thank you to Gaston- I love my halo machine... Def the best rotary I've ever used.

Thank god for this forum and builders like him who actively participate, LISTEN, and actually use the machines.
    FK Irons is the shiznits!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely the best rotary I've ever used hands down! Loving the spektra halo saving up to buy another!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing machines! Picked up a 2.5 and a 3.2 and haven't put them down! They do it all with ease. I have a 4mm bearing as well and will give that a try too but so far all is good with the other two strokes. Give works amazing and definitely give a nice response. Honestly the best machines I've ever used over coils and other rotaries! Super light yet still strong and with good balance, the perfect machine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeskin View Post
    Amazing machines! Picked up a 2.5 and a 3.2 and haven't put them down! They do it all with ease. I have a 4mm bearing as well and will give that a try too but so far all is good with the other two strokes. Give works amazing and definitely give a nice response. Honestly the best machines I've ever used over coils and other rotaries! Super light yet still strong and with good balance, the perfect machine!
    Glad you guys enjoy them. Now the Magic oil Lube is available on the site. There are also instructions on how to lube it. You no longer need to take the machine apart after it has been greased up. Probably every 200 hors grease it up and then maintain it with the oil.
    Direct Link> http://www.fkirons.com/shop/lubricants

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a video of the give on the machine actually working just a question I got one I traded for with another member I thought I saw one on YouTube but can't seem to find it againagain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
    Is there a video of the give on the machine actually working just a question I got one I traded for with another member I thought I saw one on YouTube but can't seem to find it againagain
    The give works man and feel free to send me your machine to take a look at it if its not working.
    Regardless you bought it from me or not, please print and fill out this form and send with your machine http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine

I will also include a free lubing kit.
    Here is the lubing video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDrB...ature=youtu.be

And because you asked I am going to compile a video about the give.