PDA

View Full Version : 10% Off Uk Steam Punk Rotary !!!

ac30
10-15-2013, 10:00 AM
For some reason I cant post this in announcements?

Ok, Im finally on at last. For all forum members i'm offering 10% off my machine. I have around 20 motors left which I got for a real good price. After that the machines will go up to £170. I will still honer 10% off that price too. I will post this this in a separate post too.

OwlsDen
10-15-2013, 10:05 AM
That's a great deal. Maybe you would like to share some pictures so people can see the machine. Also you are using a Maxon motor right? What is the voltage of this motor?

1982geeeeb
10-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Welcome aboard mate :-)

Sent from my nokia 3210 using Spackatalk

ac30
10-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Just to confirm that it has a 6v 5w Maxon from the A-max range with precious metal brushes.

This was one of the proto frames that I threaded vice on the wrong side, its now on the other. The RCA can be flipped over to the other side for lefties. This is the heat an oil finish. Im also doing a white powder coat version.

slicksteel
10-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Na keep the thread on that side for us lefties!! let the righties deal with the screw on the other side for awhile...
What is the weight of this machine?

ac30
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Na keep the thread on that side for us lefties!! let the righties deal with the screw on the other side for awhile...
What is the weight of this machine

Ha ha ha, it comes in at around 200g give or take.

slicksteel
10-15-2013, 12:17 PM
So thats at 7oz.
Can you film a short vid of it running loaded up and post.

ac30
10-15-2013, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGPOJePUzo8

Again this was a proto with no RCA. It sounds really loud on the vid but it isnt as loud as the vid would suggest. This was with a 5rl and needlerunner.

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 01:05 PM
7oz a lil heavy for my taste, you going to make an aluminum version?

ac30
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
I was thinking about an alloy version but iv never alloy welded. It's a defenate consideration for the future.

ac30
10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Ok, correction needed! Iv just got all the bits together and it's actually 170g give or take so more like 5.5oz. I thought I quoted it a bit heavy lol the motor is 55g with the frame 70g. I don't think an alloy frame would make a huge amount of difference.

peter clements
10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
7oz a lil heavy for my taste, you going to make an aluminum version?

The machine's well balanced, it doesn't seem like 7 oz. I'm pleased this forum has deemed to give this guy a chance, encouragement and sensible criticism are better than rejection. That is the beauty of this forum though, we have some great quality people here.

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 01:29 PM
I agree I just posted a thread, to thank the administration for the creation of this site. ac30, glad to see you here, hope to see a bunch of new original works from you in the future.

ac30
10-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys :)

OwlsDen
10-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I was thinking about an alloy version but iv never alloy welded. It's a defenate consideration for the future.

There is some med temp aluminum brazing rods ( work around 500 degrees Celsius ) might wanna give them a try. I know a lot if people here look for a machine that is around 100-120 grams. Aluminum helps a lot. Congrats on finally being a member too.

johndameart
10-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Welcome!

ac30
10-15-2013, 02:30 PM
There is some med temp aluminum brazing rods ( work around 500 degrees Celsius ) might wanna give them a try. I know a lot if people here look for a machine that is around 100-120 grams. Aluminum helps a lot. Congrats on finally being a member too.

Geez thats light, I dont know why people like such light machines but hey, horses for courses and all that! I need to get this one off the ground first I think lol.

Thanks for your kind words.

skinmech
10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Very interesting...If you ever want a Review, send me one up...I promise I won't steal it,LOL...

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
people like light machines, because they want to take as little risk with damaging their wrist as possible(carpel tunnel, tendonitis, etc.) by putting all the wait distribution in the hand and not on the wrist you alleviate this, or at least limit its potential impact. by doing so you can in hopes tattoo years longer. that's my understanding and belief at least. one thing I do know there may be a market for a 7oz machine, however I do believe there may be an even larger demographic for far lighter builds. the evidence is in all the other builds of rotary machines out there, you don't find many machines(rotary) out there beyond 4oz. and more and more people are flocking to fki's aluminum coils also(4oz.) because of the same reasoning. just fyi:p:)

skinmech
10-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I feel lightweight machines, be it a Rotary or Coil build are more prone to vibration issues, obviously, this will depend on the purpose of the machine.

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I agree there are vibration issues, I use ttech mostly with the ss grip, I feel none of the vibrations. and it depends on the machine. my vivace has absolutely no vibration what so ever! its a double edged sword for sure, but I do believe there can be a balance in weight and little vibration. it just has to be factored in with the build

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
ac30 that's much better, lol. doesn't seem like 1.5 oz would make a huge difference but it does;)

ac30
10-15-2013, 03:03 PM
I can see the pros and cons of both light and heavier machines. I too have also found ally machines to give off more vibration but hey, each to there own and you to appeal to the masses.

Paul, I will get one built up and on its way to Glasgow over the next few days. PM your details. I'll

skinmech
10-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Cool ac30, I will pm you...

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 03:11 PM
I wonder if there is a way to build the cam more ergonomically, as to find a way with shape or weight and see if maybe the cam could eat some vibration, or gravity spheres like on the dani fowler builds? I wonder if you can change just small little aspects without having to increase the overall weight by too much and still limit vibration?

1982geeeeb
10-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Cool ac30, I will pm you...

Cool skinmech gives good honest reviews, thats if he does a review on it :-)

1982geeeeb
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I preffer a slightly heavier machine tbf, more so for a lining!

tattood
10-15-2013, 04:49 PM

Bringing down the weight, in my opinion is of the utmost importance when trying to sell a new rotary. weight, noise, performance are what rotary users are looking for.

tattood
10-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Ok, correction needed! Iv just got all the bits together and it's actually 170g give or take so more like 5.5oz. I thought I quoted it a bit heavy lol the motor is 55g with the frame 70g. I don't think an alloy frame would make a huge amount of difference.

disregard my above comment, as i just saw this..lol

peter clements
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Let's not forget anatomy, the actual hands of the artist in particular, some tattooers have hands like shovels with fingers like bananas, that sort of man will prefer a heavier machine. This is the heaviest machine in my collection.............22147 22148 22149

It's a double-sided Dringenberg/Garver machine.......Very heavy, very rare.

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't know, I just think what your fingers are wrapped around(the grip and its weight) is of way more paramount importance than having more weight hanging from the wrist. I for one have some huge mits! I weigh 237 pounds and have fingers like sausages, I like weight, like said above, for lining especially. however, i prefer the weight to be in my hand not hanging off the back of it. I know everyone is different and feels different on the subject, and of course this is all just my opinion. I just don't see the benefit of having the weight distributed anywhere other than in the hand. ive used heavy machines, Micky Sharpz, Time Machines, Aaron Cains, etc., and now I use light rotaries, and being a bigger guy with huge hands and using both type of machines, the excessive weight is just that, excessive. just imho

tattood
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't know, I just think what your fingers are wrapped around(the grip and its weight) is of way more paramount importance than having more weight hanging from the wrist. I for one have some huge mits! I weigh 237 pounds and have fingers like sausages, I like weight, like said above, for lining especially. however, i prefer the weight to be in my hand not hanging off the back of it. I know everyone is different and feels different on the subject, and of course this is all just my opinion. I just don't see the benefit of having the weight distributed anywhere other than in the hand. ive used heavy machines, Micky Sharpz, Time Machines, Aaron Cains, etc., and now I use light rotaries, and being a bigger guy with huge hands and using both type of machines, the excessive weight is just that, excessive. just imho

agreed and at times with at rotary I find myself enjoying hearing nothing but the needles working the skin. No music, no conversation just peace and quite. It is quite relaxing..

Eturnus
10-15-2013, 11:01 PM
light weight machine(aluminum)+low center of gravity(1.5" grip)= tattooing goodness

cagelavey
10-15-2013, 11:47 PM
completely agree, Eturnus. heaven:D