PDA

View Full Version : Bishop back plates?

gabejensenflt
07-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone, first post, looking forward to more! For now, hoping I could get some help. I have three Bishops that I would like to convert to RCA from Clip Cord. I read a while ago, on here actually, that the back plates were available to swap yourself. Couldn't find anything on the website, so I e-mailed them and was told they dont sell the part anymore and would have to send them in. I'd really rather do it myself if possible. Can this happen? Hoping Franco sees this, I'd really appreciate it. Mainly trying to avoid not having my machines for a week, also I'm a cheap bastard who likes to fix my own stuff. Thanks!

gabejensenflt
07-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Literally seconds after I posted this a tech called me from Bishop and explained things. They do an overhaul on the machines while they have them. And apparently the RCA connection is significantly different than the Clip set up. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my shoes and wondering. Thanks to Bishop for the prompt phone call! Have a nice day

slicksteel
07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
They will hook you up with great service.

denrbyn
07-09-2014, 03:29 PM
I took my machine in to get the rca conversion and waited on it being I only live 30 mins from bishop. The conversion cost 49 and they let me know my slide was loose and replacement that and the spring free of charge. I also got to meet and talk with franco while I waited and he showed me the micro Angelo concept and gave me one of his new rca cords, let me tell you franco is a cool dude.

gabejensenflt
07-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Yeah so far I have had nothing but good dealings with Bishop. I'm sure these machines could use a look-see anyway.