PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about this

Mission Tattoo
03-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Looks interesting 27518

nivek
03-15-2015, 11:29 PM
I could be wrong but it looks like another attempt to get tattooers money from a non tattooer source
It looks like someone is backing it online "best machine ever" but their website has all the info but nothing about who made it other than the company name. The website is all hidden info - very corporate... Meh

We are so proud to introduce The Scribe Rotary tattoo machine to our friends and fellow tattoo artists.
Limited Lifetime Warranty...

bretttattoos
03-16-2015, 11:14 AM
That machine is designed by Mark Evans at Anythings Possible in Moorsville nc. He's been around for a long time . I got tattooed by him last year with one of the later prototypes and it's a very very fast machine with a few options as far as stroke and give. I'm not sure who's molding the bodies for him but look him up if you are curious @marktevans on IG . He released them this past weekend at the Asheville nc show. Lots of people using them and loving them. They can run ttech carts very well . The tattoo I got from Mark last year is a monochromatic color portrait on my forearm , took a little over 3 hours and healed in two weeks . No scabs just butter smooth the whole time. I'm actually going to see him this evening to pick mine up.

Shawn
03-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Saw this in person Saturday at the Asheville tattoo convention. Super quiet and light! The built in give is amazing! Won't run carts though.Thats just what I was told at their booth!

slicksteel
03-16-2015, 11:51 AM
man that looks sweet!!!,i really dig that you can get it with the 1/8 jack-they are so much lighter then rca.I wish all machines came with them -it just makes sense-more durable,light weight and works better. This machine looks like a winner and well thought out!!

OwlsDen
03-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Looks pretty cool to me. I want one. What is the price?

asA
03-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Looks like 400$ is what the instagram says

OwlsDen
03-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Not terrible. Hmmm. I can't wait to hear more reviews

Shawn
03-16-2015, 12:26 PM
480 is the price

bretttattoos
03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
TJ Poole was using a scribe with ttechs all weekend. So was a couple others at the show. They don't like Cheyenne carts at all. I was told that they played around with different springs until they found what worked with ttechs and still allowed the machine to run properly . The standard setup will run them but works best with conventional needles. I've seen the progression of this thing over the past few years and it's night and day from where it started . I think it weighs 1.5 oz or something stupid like that. Really feels like a pen when setup

Shawn
03-16-2015, 01:53 PM
I can't say enough about the give it has! So smooth.

darkness
03-16-2015, 02:31 PM
429 USD ...its a very good price i think and its worth a try :)

nivek
03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Cool! Thats good to hear. Wrong before and Ill bet wrong again, actually glad to be this time

bretttattoos
03-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Spent some time with Mark today and he taught me the ins and outs of it as well as took the time to set me up with one that should suit me very well. I got a 4mm cam and stiffened up the give as well as removed the return spring to suit ttechs . Mine even seemed to get along with Cheyenne carts at least running it on the bench. I don't use Cheyenne carts though . Really excited to try it tomorrow

bretttattoos
03-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Logged a few hours with the Scribe today. Still getting used to it and I'm curious to see how I like it for black n grey but it lines and saturated really well. I was honestly surprised at how well it lines and I'm a dan kubin user lol

Renetat2
03-18-2015, 03:47 PM
so how do we buy one?

darkness
03-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I dont knowing how i like the give ...i notice more and more i like more no give in my rotarys - its like a centri ?

bretttattoos
03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
It's nothing like the centri in my opinion. It's like a coil but faster and really consistent. If you get in touch with Mark or Grady they may be able to make adjustments to suit you. I was leery about the give since I've been a no give user for a while but I was challenged to use it for everything for a week and I've done everything from simple names to that dragon piece above, started a large bng piece today and have a large one tomorrow with a lot of linework and bng . So far so good for me. It took a while today to get comfy doing bng with give. But with the stiffened give spring in mine and the fast speed of the machine I was able to get comfy.

The hardest part of using only this machine this week has been reaching past my new Edge machine to make myself use it lol. But once I set up and get going I am happy I have the Scribe. Next week I'll use the edge and see if I like it as good as this

darkness
03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
mmh ... i think more and more i should try one (scribe)

reigningink
05-20-2015, 01:38 PM
I ordered one today. I can't wait to give it a try. I will write a review after I put it through its paces.

thesmokingmirror
05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
I would like to hear comparisons of this machine next to thunder and flite. The only thing it doesnt really have going for it is the stroke isnt adjustable but it sounds like a winner as far as a fast power liner which is what im looking for and I like the use of conventional needles

darkness
05-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Bad -they selling only in USA ,Outside is not possible. Would trade a whip cutback for it too

asA
05-20-2015, 08:42 PM
I ordered one. It says processing order for the past few days on my order with 0 contact from the company. I'm terrible at waiting for machines to process and ship. Kinda excited to try this machine out even though it looks kinda long and wonky.

eric03
05-20-2015, 09:29 PM
i was really interested in this machine but i was a lil leary with the company n site. so i would like to hear what thoughts u have on everything asa once u get the machine.

crabink
05-21-2015, 02:43 AM
if it don't run carts its crap!

if is isn't made by spektra... umm.. it's crap!

asA
05-28-2015, 04:38 PM
It runs carts just fine. Been tattooing all day with my scribe.. I'd run this machine any day over any spektra machines.
Plus crab we all know your ride fki nuts and say spectra stuff is better than everything... even though you've never tried it.

reigningink
05-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Got mine as well. And all I can say is "Wow". Light weight, low vibration, perfect give, ergonomic, and quality build.... I'm more than impressed and will order a few more.

visualamor
05-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Got mine as well. And all I can say is "Wow". Light weight, low vibration, perfect give, ergonomic, and quality build.... I'm more than impressed and will order a few more.

How well does it line? I really enjoy using my stylus H, but I need a little more power for lining, and being able to use tubes and standard needles.

bretttattoos
05-31-2015, 11:45 PM
The scribe is very fast compared to other rotaries. I have seen hz readings with the scribe humming over 140hz loaded. Much faster than the stylus . Should not have any trouble lining IMO

reigningink
06-01-2015, 02:02 PM
It lines pretty well. The armature is very very lite. So there is not alot of mass driving the needles. But I have lined up to a 9rl without much issue. It didn't bury the 9rl, but it did lay it smooth with a decrease in hand speed. This is a fast machine, with a very predictable give. And so far I haven't found a job it can't do with a bit of adjustment To technique

asA
06-01-2015, 02:20 PM
I've lined with great success from 3rlt all the way up to 18r... I got the 4.2mm stroke and it's super fast zippy small lines and with a slower hand speed solid fatty lines.
This machine exceeded all expectations I had for it. If only it were cordless it may be one of my favorite machinnes.

Renetat2
06-02-2015, 01:49 AM
I am curious how is the drive system? Is it like the bishop and neotats, just with a smaller upside down motor? And what kind of motor for such high speed? Is it a reliable motor, in other words?

asA
06-02-2015, 08:38 AM
It's got its own style of drive train.. totally unique. It's a hybrid of a slider machine and a dampened armature machine. It's pretty slick. Not sure about the motor specs or brand but it does run super fast and will push carts just fine.

reigningink
06-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Like asa said. Its unique in that it's piston/slider style. Very well thought out. After how loud and rattly the egos proved to be, I was surprised by the smooth sound this one makes. its not loud at all, but has a pleasing sound that it is hard to believe is coming from a plastic machine. Random fact, because of the dampening and speed, this machine has really shined for b&g.

Renetat2
06-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks for answering, I may have to purchase this beauty. I seen there's one video on YouTube but it has audio overlay, so I couldn't here the unique sound.

I am am just nervous about new machines, and this is completely new...

asA
06-02-2015, 10:12 AM
It's a pretty quiet machine... it's not thunder or neotat quiet but dang near... it also makes a backing off noise in the skin, it's a satisfying sounding machine not annoying at all.

darkness
06-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Bad thats only for sale in the usa :( - i have trying but they told me thats only possible to sell in USA because the patents. So i have order a john clark .

visualamor
06-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Just ordered mine. A 4.2 with the 1/8 jack. Super excited, been waiting to get one for a while.

asA
06-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Just ordered mine. A 4.2 with the 1/8 jack. Super excited, been waiting to get one for a while.

Same as what I ordered. You'll dig it, it's rad.

visualamor
06-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Same as what I ordered. You'll dig it, it's rad.
I got it, it thumps really nice for such a small machine, though I might have to send it back to get the RCA instead of the 1/8
What voltages are you running it at?

asA
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Why switch to rca? I've been pretty much doing everything around 9 ish volts.

darkness
06-12-2015, 08:12 AM
i try to convert all my machines to the 1/8 jack - for me its the better connection , the most electric stuff uses this because thats a very good and stable connection

visualamor
06-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Why switch to rca? I've been pretty much doing everything around 9 ish volts.
I still use clip cord, and rca, for the majority of my machines. For instance, I still enjoy switching and using my Stylus H, and I also use coil machines a lot, I guess I could just switch cords each time I needed to.
On a side note, the scribe puts lines in effortlessly, that little motor is strong as hell and the 4.2mm stroke is perfect for lining. I havent used it for shading yet, I still love using the Stylus H, Bishop, and Welker.

Should I just stick to 1/8, it is rather nice.

visualamor
06-12-2015, 06:08 PM
I just saw the 1/8 converter for clip cord at Kingpin, how about one for RCA? I accidentally bought a stereo to mono, and that didnt work.