PDA

View Full Version : Elite cartridges from NATS

Bully Jey
06-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Purchased these from New Age Tattoo Supply. After shipping, cost is comparable to T-Tech. The plastic is similar to TatSoul wrath tubes. These carts have a lower profile than ttech as well. I really like the med tight liner groupings, similar to TatSoul traditional liners. Have had one cart internal rubber band break so far. I've tried all these groupings except for the 9 med tight liners. Fits Cheyenne and wrath disposable cart grips. I'm probably forgetting some info so don't kill me.

Bully Jey
06-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Similar to tatsouls traditional liners

Bully Jey
06-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Choose shipping through DHL, it's slightly cheaper but still takes 2 weeks for delivery.

OwlsDen
06-19-2015, 12:51 PM
They look pretty good. What's your verdict? Better than T-Tech? Is there a seal in the back?

cyclopstat
06-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I just using it on today and really like it. Good quality good price and work very well.

Bully Jey
06-19-2015, 01:49 PM
They look pretty good. What's your verdict? Better than T-Tech? Is there a seal in the back? There is no seal, like ttech. Haven't had any back splatter yet though. I like that they have a much lower profile than ttech, I can actually see the damn needles with these. So far I like them about the same as ttech, I like them WAY more than the clear EZ carts from Friction. Like I said, they are China so they take 2weeks delivery.

joelhague
06-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Carts look good, also looks like they have knocked off fk irons dark lab foot switch, the edge vice cap, RPG grips and even a rotary machine with the same motor bolt as the edge / direkt , looks like Gaston will not be a happy camper

Bully Jey
06-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Carts look good, also looks like they have knocked off fk irons dark lab foot switch, the edge vice cap, RPG grips and even a rotary machine with the same motor bolt as the edge / direkt , looks like Gaston will not be a happy camperI saw those items, but I'm not interested in that stuff. I wanted to try out these carts since they look different than ttech, Cheyenne, slot lock, etc. I suppose you could say I'm still supporting the knock company by buying these, and tbh I have no idea who actually makes them. Sorry Gaston, if you read this thread, I didn't go out of my way to offend anyone, but I'm getting pissed the fuck off by ttech being out of stock all the fucking time, Cheyenne overcharging for carts that pop apart, and slot locks having similar issues, although I do like slot lock. end rant.

joelhague
06-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Hey I think they look good to and I will order them as well but not there fk rip off products , but there cartridges do look cool , I order my cart grips from China as well , I can't complain at 50cents a pop when the quality is there I am not complaining, on needles and tubes I will stick to that, machines / parts not so much

inkinwi
06-22-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't see anything wrong with buying needle carts as long as your not buying the knock off products your not supporting thier piracy.

tat2edsoda2000
06-29-2015, 11:54 AM
any other good supplier? i tried an order to see whats up its looking to cost over $60 to ship some thing less then $30 worth.

Vinoshitto
06-29-2015, 06:10 PM
I've ordered from NATS (http://www.newagetattoosupply.com/) several times before. They sometimes take a day or two to pack the order, but when itīs on its way it's fast shit with DHL.
They shipped it on Wednesday the 10th and I got it on that following Monday the 15th. That's from Honk Kong to Sweden.
I know they have knock offs and shit but as previously said no one here in their right mind buys that.
I ordered 40 disposable 30mm grips (4 boxes, 10 in each box every box containing 3 plungers in dif lengths) and 6 boxes (120 carts total) Including shipping that cost me 152€ ($170) and then DHL put some import tax on 20€ or something like that.

It's my first time running carts so I have no prior experience with it, but I feel that they may have a bit strong rubber band in the carts because I got a lot of skin trauma and the shades became very red and the lines felt a bit mushy.. Like when you run a coil with the duty cycle all retarded. I loaded the carts with a Stigma Beast 10w with no stay up spring (as its broken plus I heard someone said it runs carts better this way)
Anyone else experience this trouble or is it just me? I'm gonna try my old copper Nedz direct drive tomorrow with it. That one could line a 18rl on a rhinos ass with ease.

The only one I know of in China that doesn't sell knock offs and carries disp cart grips (carts coming soon to as well according to them) is Trendy/Gotattoo.. They only sell proper stuff, Bishop, fk, inkjecta etc.

acink
07-06-2015, 04:23 AM
I ordered of NATS last week just to see what the cartridges would be like over the ttec, The next day I had a private message on my facebook which I did not put on my order that they had done all the checks and all was good proceed with my order to send out that was the last thing I was expecting was to be vetted but sounds good to me our supply company over hear wouldn't even bother vetting before taking money so lets hope the carts are good as ill be making a bigger order next time all going good.

Vinoshitto
07-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Acink, can you post here later on when you've tried them out? Id like to hear what you thought about em.

My opinion is that the rubber/silicone band in these carts are way to strong. Mine runs best on a 3.5 plain brass RW.

peter clements
07-07-2015, 05:36 AM
I've ordered some, they look ok, I'll compare them to T Techs and say what I think on here. I considered giving the EZs a whirl but everyone says they're crap.

OwlsDen
07-07-2015, 02:43 PM
I've ordered some, they look ok, I'll compare them to T Techs and say what I think on here. I considered giving the EZs a whirl but everyone says they're crap.

They aren't crap. I have been using some of the new clear and purple ones. I like the mags a lot. I also like the round shaders ( or loose liners ) as I find that when I can't get good flow on a normal Cheyenne liner the Ez round shaders never disappoint.

peter clements
07-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Got my order from NATS yesterday, on inspection everything looks good quality, and the communication and service was simply excellent.

cruzta
07-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Recived a small order of elite cart really like them. Tryed them out on a few pcs. Here a cover up I'm doing. Using 9 mag and 15 curved mag all long taper needles. Very happy with them have another order coming in soon.

Vinoshitto
07-14-2015, 06:14 PM
What machines are you guys running these on?

Bully Jey
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
What machines are you guys running these on?EdgeX, Cheyenne Spirit, Direkt

cruzta
07-15-2015, 09:13 AM
halo,dk sidewinder,neotat vivica

joelhague
07-25-2015, 06:01 AM
So what's the deal with the website they say you get 50 in a box for like 15 bucks????

joelhague
07-25-2015, 06:45 AM
Never mind I think I figured it out. So last time I got from ez tattoo they have been pretty damn good I am thinking I may try these elite carts now it's about 15 dollar savings on 7 boxes vs t tech not a huge difference . So it's hard to decide . They do have some sizes I am interested in that t tech doesn't offer

joelhague
07-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Do they have the little tabs on the inside that hold the mags flat like t tech and Cheyenne

Bully Jey
07-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Do they have the little tabs on the inside that hold the mags flat like t tech and CheyenneNope

joelhague
07-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Hmm ok I am still tempted to order them though even the t tech ones don't hold it that much the hawk ones are the best in that aspect

Bully Jey
07-25-2015, 11:36 PM
Hmm ok I am still tempted to order them though even the t tech ones don't hold it that much the hawk ones are the best in that aspectI don't want to come across as a dick, so please don't take this the wrong way, but if you have an extra $100 to try these out, go for it. It's really not that big of a gamble; if you don't like them, I'm sure you could sell them on this forum. You might take a $50 hit but that's not much considering. I don't know what else to tell ya
:)

joelhague
07-27-2015, 02:51 AM
I ordered 350 bucks of carts from them of all my favorite sizes 3 and 5 regular tight 9 and 14 medium tight liners 9 , 13,17 curved bug pin mags . using ezcarts round shaders right now to they are equal to t tech I'd say

Butternuts
07-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Been using T-techs and like them, minus their liners. Tried the EZ carts a few months back and even upon visual inspection the quality isn't there, used one and thought they were cheap garbage in my opinion. Just got the elites in the other day and I would say they are pretty comparable with T-Techs. The mags have been working awesome. I did run into one serious issue using one of their liners last night though and it solidified my decision to just stick with traditional needle and tube setup for lining. I was lining a piece with one of their 8RL's and the little internal rubber band/o-ring snapped and the drive bar slammed the needle down so far that the plastic drive pin shot inside the cartridge. I 100% believe that if my reaction time wasn't quick enough, pulling the machine away that the needle would have literally stuck into my client, it shot out that hard. I run my machines slow too, lining at around 7.7 volts or somewhere in there. Never had an issue like that with a T-Tech so definitely something to watch out for and be aware of.

Bully Jey
07-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Ok, so I've been using the Elite cartridges for about a month now and here's my thoughts as of now. I have an EdgeX and I use the rpg disposable grips and a critical ps. These are relatively nice carts, that being said, here are some of my gripes: 1- the needles have little black fibers caught inbetween them and it's a pain to get them out. 2-the rubber bands are crap. And I mean dogshit. 3-the short needle bar that the configuration is soldered to is too long, about 3/16" too long. 4-it seems like they use the same size round tube nozzle for all liner configurations from 5rl to 9rl. That's irritating. I can get over the length of the bar, just snip off 3/16" and put it back together. I can deal with the nozzle being a little too big for smaller groupings. I can even get over the rubber bands being shit, I'll just get better ones from the dentist. I just can't get over the little black fibers caught in the needles! Wtf is that shit?! I'm trying to contact this Ken Zhou guy to see if I can get ahold of quality control, these could be a real contender with TTech, but not if their going to let this bullshit continue.

Bully Jey
07-30-2015, 09:23 AM
And to clarify, the little black fibers are not on ALL the carts, just about 1 in 4. Which is still not good.

cruzta
07-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Really,been using for a few weeks now and have not had any black fibers on any needles. I do agree with the liner tips being the same size for smaller groupings. To me not a huge deal ,feel like the quality is pretty good.About the bands breaking have gone thru a full box of 9mags ,7traditonal liners and partial through others and havent had one break. Also im using a sidewinder on the liners set pretty punchy ....and no issues.I have had a issue with the NATS disposable tubes but thats becase of the bar not staying centered and making it a little dificult to change out carts. Think they will soon be comeing out with a better design. thanks for the info. I will be looking closer at my needles to be on the safe side.

Butternuts
07-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Ok, so I've been using the Elite cartridges for about a month now and here's my thoughts as of now. I have an EdgeX and I use the rpg disposable grips and a critical ps. These are relatively nice carts, that being said, here are some of my gripes: 1- the needles have little black fibers caught inbetween them and it's a pain to get them out. 2-the rubber bands are crap. And I mean dogshit. 3-the short needle bar that the configuration is soldered to is too long, about 3/16" too long. 4-it seems like they use the same size round tube nozzle for all liner configurations from 5rl to 9rl. That's irritating. I can get over the length of the bar, just snip off 3/16" and put it back together. I can deal with the nozzle being a little too big for smaller groupings. I can even get over the rubber bands being shit, I'll just get better ones from the dentist. I just can't get over the little black fibers caught in the needles! Wtf is that shit?! I'm trying to contact this Ken Zhou guy to see if I can get ahold of quality control, these could be a real contender with TTech, but not if their going to let this bullshit continue.

I was wondering if you could get different rubber bands online somewhere. Have you found a source to get different bands??

cruzta
07-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I was wondering if you could get different rubber bands online somewhere. Have you found a source to get different bands??
www.marcorubber.com all you need is id size and thickness and you can buy by the bulk...but i havent had any issues

cruzta
08-03-2015, 08:35 AM
I just had one band break this weekend.....Middle of about a 3hr tattoo it was on a 7 mag. Not while i was tattooing but when i in the rinse cup bammm...needle all the way out.Well i have talked to NATS and they have all ready started repalacing the bands on the new carts to ones that are better quality.Also he will be sending me the replacement bands for the ones i have all ready purchaced. Im still happy with the product and will keep using them.

Invertedpixel
08-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Got my NATS delivery today.
My initial reaction is mostly positive. I used a tight 5 liner and a bugpin 9 rounded mag and one of their disposable grips.The smoky clear plastic is nice as well as the angled tip on the liners. The needles ride really closeto the bottom of tip. The inkflow was a bit wonky, but that as my only gripe. The mag worked great. Also I really like the plunger at the end of the pushbars they provide. I want to adapt it for my Swashdrive give bar. I will definitely be ordering more of these.

Bully Jey
08-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Ordered orthodontic rubberbands to replace the bands in these and try them out on TTech, I'll review the whole thing when I get the bands

joelhague
08-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Liking mine so far wish there was the little tab to hold the mag flat though. May experiment with some bend options taking apart the cart I did one with a huge bend that locked it down tight to the back of the tube but it chewed thru the plastic a bit witch would not be good on a actual tattoo

joelhague
08-07-2015, 06:19 AM
And the band's on mine seem pretty strong I wonder if mine have been updated

joelhague
08-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Well it looks like nedz is now selling these same cartridges as his brand. Nothing really wrong with that as so many company's box up standard needles from China and put there name on the box. But he must think they are pretty damn good to put his name on them to

Sarenity Tattoo
09-12-2015, 12:51 AM
28873 Did this today and mostly with a 17 curved bugpin from elite. I've never used them, it was given to me by another tattooer to try. it seemed to work well.

Bully Jey
09-12-2015, 09:01 AM
All done with edge x and disp rpg grips and elite carts. I switch out the generic silicon o-ring inside the cart with an orthodontic runner band(3/16" medium). Been working for me. You can get a bag of 2000 for $7 + $3 s/h. I'll post the website you can get them from when I get to the shop.

Bully Jey
09-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Also, by switching out the silicone o-ring, I've been able to run the edge x at under 7v, critical ps. J/s

Bully Jey
09-14-2015, 12:01 PM
https://www.osecompany.com/products/pure-surgical-latex-elastics-bulk-packs/

eduki
09-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Awesome work Bully Jey, thanks for the link ;)

astaluego
09-30-2015, 07:55 AM
I tried them .... but t-tech is top

tattoosbychriselement.com
09-30-2015, 08:14 AM
I've been using nats cartridges for a few months now I think the only other comparable is bishop carts 28950This one was fully healed using them

joelhague
10-02-2015, 05:39 AM
I have liked the curved bug pin mags. The regular tight and medium tight liners have not been doing it for me will try super tight from them should be closer to t tech long taper. It seems the NATS liners for me atleast did not have good ink flow

joelhague
10-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Well almost a whole box of needles that jam up from elite . I am thinking ill stick with t tech they have never let me down ill pay the extra to save myself the headache . One needle i love from NATS is curved bugpin 9 mag t tech does not offer these

Bully Jey
10-08-2015, 12:22 AM
The only carts I've had seize up on me were the clear EZ from friction, all slotlock liners from kingpin, and had the 9rl from Elite seize up, but that was before I started switching out the silicone o-ring for a dental ligature. Smooth as butter now. I can finally do single pass lines with carts, no seizing, no bands snapping in the middle of the tattoo. I'm telling you, give those dental ligatures a try, they are designed to stretch 700% of original dia, and return to normal with only 5% loss of starting shape. I've been using the 3/16 "hard" for round groupings and 3/16 "medium" for mags.

Administrator
10-08-2015, 12:41 AM
So you are taking the carts apart and swapping out the dental ligature? Sorry I am probably a little or a lot late to the party here.

-Philip

Bully Jey
10-08-2015, 12:58 AM
No biggie, I'll try to clarify. All Ttech-like carts come with either a silicone O-ring or a stiff rubber band inside. I switch that O-ring or rubber band out with the dental ligature. I shared a link to the site where I've been getting mine. I order the 3/16"diameter medium and 3/16"diameter hard; medium for shading, hard for lining, 3/16" diameter because that's what tension works best for me (1/4" diameter is too big anyway, needle will just flop around)

Bully Jey
10-08-2015, 01:11 AM
I also noticed, before I started switching stuff out, that it seemed like there was too much tension on the plunger part of the cartridge, which pulls the entire rig against the back of the tube, causing too much plastic on plastic friction, and stuff starts to seize up. It also happens when you put too much bend in the needle(in the cartridge), because everything is punching on the plastic plunger/guide piece. So I switched out the O-ring with a Fk irons rubber band, one of the tiny ones they give you for the Direkt, I triple looped the rubber band around the needle "post" and did a couple tester tattoos on a POF we have laying around the shop. And then blah blah blah, research and what not, found these ligatures. And now I'm done typing for awhile.

throwhammers
10-08-2015, 04:20 AM
Seems like a lot of mixed results with the NATs carts.

I've been using them for a month or more with zero problems. The guys from nats respond to any question or comment you might have (I get direct messages asking how I like the needles and if i would change anything... nice guys, and respond within minutes). And I got my package within days of ordering.

The liners I like more than cheyenne or ttech. The mags are nice, but I think I like ttech more. Just trying to decide how much more I like the ttechs, and if I would rather just save a couple bucks and get the nats as they work fine as well.

Haven't had any jam or any problems with the rubber band inside (though it's good to know the dental ligature tip).

hellraiser6662
10-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Well I emailed them the other day and got jack back so fuckem. . I'll keep using t-tech and swop the needles with other makes like I've always done.

Bully Jey
10-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Well I emailed them the other day and got jack back so fuckem. . I'll keep using t-tech and swop the needles with other makes like I've always done.Different strokes for different folks. I don't know if you know this already but Oct 1st-7th is golden week in China, so basically it's a week long holiday. J/s

Assassin Rich
11-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Got my order in today used the elite needles in the thunder edge x stylus coil using kingpin disposable cart grip and injecta using the hawk grip and one tattoo using the elite grip. So far id say they are my favorite carts. I also stick the plunger part of each cart in my a&d it lubes the plunger and i never had any ink come back out since i started doing this. i started when using slot locks because they would break all the time. i really wanna try these new rubber bands inside.

tattoo4satan
01-25-2016, 12:38 PM
just got some of these in and here's my opinion. They aren't nearly as nice as techs. The curved mags were lopsided in the curve. The mags weren't soldered onto the bars perfectly straight. And the liners I got were in the carts upside down or sideways. There Doesn't seem to be much quality control. Some of the carts fit snug in my hawk grip and some didn't. None of this has ever been an issue with ttech for me. I'm honestly surprised the reviews on here were so good, that's why I bought them. They work but they aren't nearly as nice as I'm used to with t techs. I personally don't think the price difference is worth the quality

tattoo4satan
01-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Having reread this thread I guess the reviews weren't all good on here. Should of paid more attention

artoftatt2
01-25-2016, 01:15 PM
I have been using elite carts for a while now and have had no problems .. I also tattoo more traditional bold line stuff so I really like the larger groupings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acink
01-25-2016, 01:42 PM
Same as artoftatt2 been using these carts for months without any issues,

artoftatt2
01-25-2016, 01:48 PM
I have been building needles for most of my tattoo carreer and have used needles from every company out their and honestly their are minimal differences in everything it's more expensive with certain companies because of how they package and quality control over how they are actually made

acink
01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Her are some pictures NATS sent me before I purchased from them just taught you guys might want to see them as well

http://i66.tinypic.com/148zz35.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/17fl1w.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/28khd7t.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/rkrkva.jpg

acink
01-25-2016, 03:56 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/33vc2nr.jpg

Vinoshitto
02-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Seems like a fun job.

Wouldn't hurt to have them boxes a bit tilted back so the needles have a tendency to rest on the loop-side.
But it's nice to see that they inspect the needles thoroughly.. Maybe Killer Ink could learn something here ;)

I also believe this is actual NATS footage! If you look at the multiple-workers pic you see the NATS-logo reflection in the window between workers and photographer.

asA
02-02-2016, 12:56 AM
Anyone have issues of their order processing for weeks before being shipped?I'm so spoiled by ttech being at my door 18 hours later..... this waiting weeks before it ships seems kinda wack.

acink
02-02-2016, 04:21 AM
Hear you there asA they always take a week after payment to ship and 7 days to get to me in Ireland as with ttech 2 days at most for me.

Vinoshitto
02-02-2016, 07:06 AM
Anyone have issues of their order processing for weeks before being shipped?I'm so spoiled by ttech being at my door 18 hours later..... this waiting weeks before it ships seems kinda wack.

Yes.. they had my order on hold for a couple of days, almost a week if Im not remembering it wrong.. But then they ship it with DHL so when its on its finally on its way it goes pretty fast.. look out for added toll thou..

Bully Jey
02-02-2016, 07:50 AM
I've been using NATS carts since June of last year, so far I like most of all the configurations I've tried, and I've tried all my favorite groupings, even the 27 bugpin mag. I can honestly say this though, TTechs liners are superior. But I don't think it's the actual needles anymore. TTech liners seem to flow better, and they really shine with larger groupings, whereas NATS carts, the larger round groupings seem to be too tight in the tip of the cartridge, limiting its flow. I think it's the way the tip of the nozzle is shaped. I've taken a razor and shaped the tip of NATS to look like TTech and instantly there always better flow. It only takes a few minutes extra to set up but I think it's silly that NATS uses the same size cart for the 11rounds as they do for the 7 rounds. I've emailed them and messaged some "Ken" guy on FB about the issue, I don't know that anything will come of it though. I will say tho, They did fix the tension issue with their O rings, so there's that. Anyway, simple solution; order my larger rounds from TTech. No biggie.

sacredsouls
02-02-2016, 08:50 AM
I grab a batch of these needles and got a box of there tubes and when the tubes showed up I realized they were a rip of gastons. The tube suck terribly. I loaded one up and it took 2 extra Volts to push it the same. Then I swapped tubes and there was no problem. It's like the plastic in the tube is too thin an it flexes enough to bind and that's using a edge which weighs nothing.

As far as the carts go I haven't had any major issues with them. The ink flow in liners I noticed as mentioned above and I ordered them on a Monday and had them on Thursday.

eduki
02-02-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm surprised about how fast they deliver to you, guys... All my orders to them have like 3 weeks to arrive home, and I choose their suggested shipping company.
The customer service it's like 0 to me, they are just kind while selling if you have any question, but nothing to solve if you have technical product issues. Anyways the carts work.

asA
02-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Guess the new year is gunna push back my order an additional 2 weeks... or more. So a month to get needles might be a bit much. I'm deffintaly spoiled with other suppliers getting stuff out.

Bully Jey
02-03-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm not defending NATS, but these carts are obviously coming straight outta China, which has the worst track record in the shipping department ever, and I agree the customer service is almost non-existant. But up until maybe 4 months ago, we only had 4 or 5 options for cart suppliers. There are more and more companies supplying carts every month the roster grows, so obviously NATS will lose business to the companies that offer quality carts and customer service and fast delivery. I'm really not trying to over-hype these carts, they are not the best, definitely not the worst. If you can endure the shipping times, maybe try to plan ahead a little, then they are some what worth it. I'm still hoping FKI comes out with carts as well as TatSoul, but you can wish in one hand and shit in the other...see which hand fills up first.

cruzta
02-03-2016, 09:18 AM
I have been ordering from NAT since September of last year and it goes like this ..... I email in the order ,about 2 days i get my tracking number, and then 2-3 days later I get my order in. One week from ordering to the door ,from china, is not bad in my opinion. Sometimes it takes less than that but thats about average . On my first order i had some of my liners bands break after they changed the bands they all have been running great for me .

joelhague
02-03-2016, 01:04 PM
I think t tech is going to be hard to beat by any other company in the value department.